Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bluestevon and @Blue toffee .
I don't agree with either of you. It smacks of making excuses for the player.
Yes, Everton did collapse after Christmas and no player more than Lukaku. If he had burst a gut trying to keep the team going I would give him some credit over tiredness but the question that was being asked last season was if his lack of effort was an attempt to save himself for a big performance in the Euros.
Lukaku is a big powerful man and many other players played as often as he did and gave more effort on the field than can do at times.

I do accept that playing poorly is a stupid way of trying to organise a move , but if you listen to what both Lukaku and his father were saying in the media I wonder sometimes about what, if anything, goes through their minds.

I have accepted his lack of fitness, but to me the lack of effort is more about lack of effort than lack of fitness.

We all recognise a player when his legs are gone and he cannot raise a gallop.

It may sound as if I think he should be sold, I don't.
But, if a player, no matter how good he can be, isn't performing , it needs to be said.

Yes, Everton did collapse after Christmas and no player more than Lukaku. If he had burst a gut trying to keep the team going I would give him some credit over tiredness but the question that was being asked last season was if his lack of effort was an attempt to save himself for a big performance in the Euros.
Lukaku is a big powerful man and many other players played as often as he did and gave more effort on the field than can do at times.

I do accept that playing poorly is a stupid way of trying to organise a move , but if you listen to what both Lukaku and his father were saying in the media I wonder sometimes about what, if anything, goes through their minds.

I have accepted his lack of fitness, but to me the lack of effort is more about lack of effort than lack of fitness.

But, if a player, no matter how good he can be, isn't performing , it needs to be said.
Look at his face last night when he was told Roberto is now Belgium's manager. I think that sums it up! After seeing so many leads thrown away and a manager not doing anything to sure up the defence I'm not surprised he lost his motivation.

Look at his face last night when he was told Roberto is now Belgium's manager. I think that sums it up! After seeing so many leads thrown away and a manager not doing anything to sure up the defence I'm not surprised he lost his motivation.

He'd be better served thinking about the free header he'd just missed.

Sell him and buy dybala. Would never happen but imagine if he scored, we could all chant panda and watch him dab..

Much rather pay Lukaku an extra £35000 per week than pay some crazy transfer price to replace him with a guy that is not nearly as good that will still require a big wage. The best way to combat the increases in transfer fees is use more of the money to keep the guys you already have and don't want to lose.

We won't sell Lukaku unless it's stupid money bid, so don't see the panic on this one.

It's a win either way. Even if we did sell him for £75m, the season is already approaching being a write off due to our lack of transfer activity, so we may as well get the word "transition" into our heads for the coming year.

Rom wont be leaving been told he is signing a contract and all this talk is just rumors nobody has actually bid for him, with stones its a case of city meeting our valuation or he will stay, we are still pushing hard for witsel who is happy with our offer, he still is hoping for a better one at least his advisers are

Thing is mate, Barkley looked similar to Lukaku for the last couple of months of last season as well, both looked 'lazy' or IMO looked basically worn down by overplaying, maybe the mess the club had gotten into had a hige part of that as well, and maybe they are excuses, but to dismiss them is too black and white.

As i said earleir, Lukaku for Belgium looked no better than he had done for us in the period your saying he couldnt be bothered, so quation remains - why was he similarly not botherd for Belgium given the way he performed?

Happy to pay the guy £135k p/w rather than have to gamble and spend £40m on what could be the next Niasse. We've got a 20 goal a season striker (even if he does little other than finish), keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.