Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not though; that's where you and I will permanently disagree on this I fear, because the one striker system requires that player to link up play and bring other players up the pitch.

It's a team game of 11 players - not a team of 10 and one poacher.

As Goat said, he did look to get involved though. He did run the channels and was available for balls to feet with back to goal, but due to our failures as a team, he is always completely isolated with absolutely no hope of making anything happen, which makes it a tad harsh to attack him for contribution to team play, to put it mildly.

I'm not saying he's solely responsible for finishing chances, but it is far more important for him to be available to do that when there is no one else on the field to do it for us and it also means we have another player to help create those chances, so of course in a system with a lone striker, more of the striker's responsibility is to score the goals.

Tony Cascarino reckons that we should go for Salomon Rondon of WBA if we want a hold up forward if/when Rom goes.

Not too bad an idea but no where near the goalscorer that Rom is

Tony Cascarino reckons that we should go for Salomon Rondon of WBA if we want a hold up forward if/when Rom goes.

Not too bad an idea but no where near the goalscorer that Rom is

If we were prepared to play two up top, I'd happily have Rondon here

I don't think Koeman wants to though, so can't see it happening

He wouldn't come here to be on the bench, he'd want to play

may as well get Victor back then? than Rondon no where near the pace of Lukaku!

Headed hatrick recently which is about 2 more goals than Big Vic in the prem (he says tongue only slightly in cheek) and seems to be getting better in the Prem. Would need a pacey striker alongside him for the hold up play & knock downs though

Headed hatrick recently which is about 2 more goals than Big Vic in the prem (he says tongue only slightly in cheek) and seems to be getting better in the Prem. Would need a pacey striker alongside him for the hold up play & knock downs though
One hattrick those crosses for all three were peaches would he get that from our team????????????????

To be fair tubes he came deep, he went wide, he did try and get involved, but the big massive gap from midfield to attack was so big I expected a plane to land in it at 1 point.

Hes vastly isolated and has been all season.

When we stick the boy Gabi up top alongside him hes gonna make you cry.

Noticable on one move today he'd gone wide and when we looked to cross it in, we had baines and lennon the only player in the box, was comical actually, but yeah the better the team is around himt he better he will look IMO

Interesting quotes from the manager

“The message to him at half-time was to tell him that sometimes he runs too much (out wide) and that he needed to stay up front"

To be fair tubes he came deep, he went wide, he did try and get involved, but the big massive gap from midfield to attack was so big I expected a plane to land in it at 1 point.

Hes vastly isolated and has been all season.

When we stick the boy Gabi up top alongside him hes gonna make you cry.

That gap has been there for about 15 years, which is testament to his finishing capability, he's lethal given a sniff. Koeman was right, until we get the technical capability behind and into him he won't ever reach his potential at Everton.

We've been utterly dull and deparately crap to watch and I half expect it Koeman calling a few bluffs and setting a few fires under people's arses by suggesting he left to fulfil his potential

Status
Not open for further replies.