Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzbot

Player Valuation: £25m
Needed to be on that pitch yesterday.

Too many times awful and aimless balls flew over the top of everyone and we immediately lost possession.

We needed someone to drop off, and get the ball of them. Second half, Fellaini dropped deeper, but was far too deep. Hence why Lampard (again) had so much time and space on the edge of the box.

School boy errors which lost us the cup, which where noones fault but ours.

We need some quality in Midfield, and if these rumours are true about Man City being willing to break the bank for Arteta, id sell him.

Too many times awful and aimless balls flew over the top of everyone and we immediately lost possession.

Completely, massively disagree.

One for the future no doubt, but he shouldn't have started Yesterday. I think some need to take off their Blue tinted glasses when Rodwell plays. Very promising player but he has looked out of his depth on a few occasions - he struggled big time with Danny Murphy. I think Moyes was spot on.

We needed someone to drop off, and get the ball of them. Second half, Fellaini dropped deeper, but was far too deep. Hence why Lampard (again) had so much time and space on the edge of the box.

Moyes swapped Fellaini and Cahill for the second half and to be fair, it worked. We looked better and had our best spell in the second half.

We lost because they were the better team.

We need some quality in Midfield, and if these rumours are true about Man City being willing to break the bank for Arteta, id sell him.

Sweet Jesus. :huh:

Hmmmmm. I think Danny said all I would.

Arteta is not for sale, no amount of money would convince me. Not even £100m and I mean that.

Are you for real?

Selling Arteta would be a major mistake, besides he won't be able to pass a medical anyway will he?

Rodwell and Gosling have bright futures ahead of them but at times this season they've both faltered (as expected by youngsters) and starting Rodwell yesterday may have backfired, so Moyes made the right decision imo.

Are you for real?

Yup. 5th best team in England, FA cup finalists - We could attract a big player this summer. And if Man City where to 'break the bank', I could put my life, that we could get a better player for Arteta. Im not saying I want him out by the way.

Moyes got it right Danny? He was the one saying all through last week that he was willing to give Rodwell a game. So your wrong there.

They where the better team yeah - But at the same time, did they do anything special to win that game? No.

They won because we didn't mark Drogba well enough, and if you look at his run he makes, it's hardly a run that noone is able to pick up on. It's a simple diagonal run across the box. Lampards goal - defending speaks for its self there.

I know he never...do you think Moyes needs to take off his blue tinted specs as well?

Im sorry Mikel, but Arteta is not priceless.

£100M..that would allow us to strengthen every position almost, and have a squad capable of challenging 4th.

Have to disagree with this, Arteta is vital to the Everton midfield if we want to progress in the league and Europe, need to add to the team if we want to have any chance of reaching the top four.

Yes sell the ones we don't use i.e. VDM, Valante etc... But lets keep the good parts and add to it!

Yup. 5th best team in England, FA cup finalists - We could attract a big player this summer. And if Man City where to 'break the bank', I could put my life, that we could get a better player for Arteta. Im not saying I want him out by the way.

Moyes got it right Danny? He was the one saying all through last week that he was willing to give Rodwell a game. So your wrong there.

They where the better team yeah - But at the same time, did they do anything special to win that game? No.

They won because we didn't mark Drogba well enough, and if you look at his run he makes, it's hardly a run that noone is able to pick up on. It's a simple diagonal run across the box. Lampards goal - defending speaks for its self there.

I believe we did a good job marking Drogba, he had one chance which he took , but other than that he wasn't in the game.

When I read that.. I thought you were a ManC. Sorry, but that was my first thought.

We have gotten rid of our label as a "selling club" and you want to sell one of our best players when someone with a big wallet comes? We are trying to build a team that can challenge the top teams in this country, compete in Europe and trying to become a club that stars want to play in.

All that will come crashing if we start to sell our best players as soon as someone come and open their wallet. It will show players that Everton isn't serious about trying to be the best. If our top players are sold to our rivals, then why should they come to us if they get a similar offer from our competitors? The other team would show more muscle since they take players from us.

The ONLY time I would consider selling one of our top players is when we already have 1-2 better players in his position and we need cash. And by that time that player wouldn't be a top player in Everton anyway.

Can someone answer me one question please.

Why has everyone who has replied to the "Id sell Arteta"comment looked at the last 3 words? Read the whole sentence. Stop trying to look for a reason to all have a go at me. There isn't a reason there.

I said IF Man City (as reported) are willing to break the bank, then I would sell him. I think it is you people who need to take off your blue tinted specs if you don't think there is a better player out there than Arteta.

People on here don't seem to be able to handle other peoples opinions. It's a forum, deal with it.

Would rather have seen Rodwell come on than the totally ineffective Gosling. We needed someone to come on and try to take hold of the midfield battle which we were losing badly

Status
Not open for further replies.