Rodwell to City!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will ONLY be happy once I see new players coming in, we have done a good job shifting squad players (Big Vic next please Wigan) but we now need some real quality to come in to make this whole exercise worth while.

Rodwell could well be a star in future... he may also be the next Jenas. Citeh can take a 15m gamble....where as we cant afford too.

I hope for jack that he does well....and that moyes gets a couple of players in to further freshen the squad....win win in both cases then.

Does anyone believe Moyes will get to spend much of this money? how much have we accumulated over the past few seasons compared to spent? We paid 500,000 for Gibson. The fact is we are in debt and just how much debt is anyones guess. We sell big and buy cheap and the only winners as far as I can see are the board. I will support the manager and team as ever but I for one have ran out of patience with the way our club is being run.

It's all about how Moyes spends the money now, these funds could be our chance to jump into the top 5 this season. If he goes out and buys players of Heitinga and Cahill quality then we're sorted. It's buying another Bily that i'm scared about.

he's been around the first team for 5 years, a lot of it injured. Has shown in flashes what he can do, but still hasn't convinced. Too many sideways passes, not strong enough in the tackle and doesn't stamp his authority...in fact most of the time he hides in games. He might well go on to fulfill his potential at city...he'll get more games because of the CL, and if he does then good luck to him. He seems a nice lad who's progress was stunted by injuries and indifferent form. He could be the next Gerrard or next jenas...or even the next Vaughan.

Good business ONLY if we reinvest.

Yeah but i don't really think he did much for us, and he hasn't been able to keep his place in the team for a long period of time, maybe because of injuries. I just think we have better players in that position than him.

Personally I thought he was one of our better players in that position at that time of the season. I also remember him having a great game against his, dare I say, current club in 2010 when Moyes and Mancini had that dust-up. No he hasn't been oustanding, but he was only 20 and under when he was actually playing for us in the first XI.

Massive 3 weeks for the club now

Andy Lewis needs to be let go......shocking stuff from him today all this when he is not shutting down twiter accounts and chatting to minors on twitter.

No it wont, it will be Gibson and Fellaini, we also have barkley and Junior to come through who could be better players then Rodwell.

City's reject to come good while we send one over to them? utter joke.

We've just said goodbye to a young English midfielder to the champions of England...yet we don't rate him.

We almost sold hin to Chelsea in January too. Yet, we don't rate him.

We've missed a trick here imo

Overall, for team contribution, this could be a good deal. But I'll always feel sad that we've let go a home-grown player who looks like he could become an important player for us. Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.