Rodwell the new Scott Parker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta10

Player Valuation: £10m
Was watching highlights of Parker's performance against Arsenal at the weekend and i noticed that he has a lot of similar attributes to Rodwell in terms of how he tackles, his composure on the ball and his ability to go box to box

Im not going to talk about the sending off for Jack because its been rescinded now so we may as well forget about it.

But prior to him getting sent, and in the game against City, ive seen a lot of signs that Jack may be starting to settle down and find his position as a defensive minded midfielder who can play a bit when he gets the ball

He was put on Silva for the City game and covered every blade of grass keeping up with him and kept him quiet (other than a few dives which got our players booked) until the second goal at which point we were up the field trying to get a goal back with the game pretty much over

And in the derby, his challenge on Suarez before the one which got him sent off was an unbelievable tackle and he really looked like he was up for the game and looking to influence it for us. I think he knew how well he was playing in his own mind as well when you saw how gutted he was on his way off the pitch

So hopefully he's full of confidence going into the next 3 games which really are massive. I was one of the doubters in the summer that said we should probably cash in if we got a big offer, but perhaps Rodwell could still develop into the midfield powerhouse that he's been touted as

128862613254584412.jpg

Last edited:
ive said all along lets keep him he still has huge amounts of potential hes just been overshadowed by other people (arteta,felli,barkley,) i still think hes got the talent to be the rooney of the midfield. barkley and rodders are the future.

ive said all along lets keep him he still has huge amounts of potential hes just been overshadowed by other people (arteta,felli,barkley,) i still think hes got the talent to be the rooney of the midfield. barkley and rodders are the future.
Well pleased with his last couple of games, seems to have developed a bit,but quite a way to go yet if he's to realise his potential. Seems to play well with youth when they get a look-in,and they all seem to respect him too. We could have a great midfield coming through :)

The pre-season holy trinity of Rodwell, Barkley and Fellaini will look sensational in a couple of years time.

If Fellaini stays that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.