Robertos ( Hypothetical) Next Club ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing I don't get - he constantly bangs on about how wedded he is to English football, but surely he'd do so much better at the above clubs.

Watford maybe?

I agreed

I think his tactics are much better suited to the continent

He could go to Spain, Portugal or Russia and probably do a decent job

His defensive frailties are what kill him in the English game, but they'd be much less of an issue abroad

Not sure, i reckon if Newcastle go down and the waiter goes, Martinez could see that as appealing.

I don't think he'd go back to Spanish football to be honest.

Why not Celtic?

Their league is awful and their team wins everything because all the other teams are a bit worse.

Ideal candidates for his attacking experiment.

Scottish family too.

They win everything because they have an operating budget that is 10 times anyone elses, until of course Rangers start spending the same again then the same old yo-yo dominance by the two of them will continue forever, or until one of them goes bust.

That aside, his philosophy wouldn't work up here, see Tony Mowbray.

Be interesting to see where he goes because it will be a massive step down from everton that's for sure.

I personally don't think any premier league team will touch him. He relegated one, and has driven a second one down from 5th to the bottom half. If you were a promoted side or one that wanted stability you just wouldn't go for a manager with that experience, cup or not.

Wild theory, he takes time off to learn the game like some of them do and comes back suddenly knowing how to defend, gets a team to do well and everyone will start crying out 'we shouldn't have sacked him!'

Status
Not open for further replies.