Roberto Martinez Stadium drawing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
122028-giant-portraits-of-chinas-late-chairman-mao-zedong.jpg

for what my two cents is worth...

From my short time of following Everton.. (6 years) it feels R.M has brought more optimism to the club's future then recent history.

When I say optimism I don't just mean blind optimism that is brought because of the love of the club (ie - moyes) - I'm talking real excitement and buzz around the club and its supporters?

Is it early and a bit much? Maybe.. However I'm sure turning up to the stadium and being reminded of a major reason why you are feeling the way you do currently can't be a bad thing.. for crowd atmosphere and general positive .. positive... positiveness will do!

I do think it's premature, as he hasn't done much so far, but judging on the signings and his first season the future is bright. The murial also shows the board has massive confidence in him, and well as him believing in his own ability. If he has a bad season we will be laughed at, if he performs, nothing more will be said. I believe he will kick on this season, and the murial won't seem such a big deal come next season.

for what my two cents is worth...

From my short time of following Everton.. (6 years) it feels R.M has brought more optimism to the club's future then recent history.

When I say optimism I don't just mean blind optimism that is brought because of the love of the club (ie - moyes) - I'm talking real excitement and buzz around the club and its supporters?

Is it early and a bit much? Maybe.. However I'm sure turning up to the stadium and being reminded of a major reason why you are feeling the way you do currently can't be a bad thing.. for crowd atmosphere and general positive .. positive... positiveness will do!

positivity

First of all, anything is better than that giant temporary sign with the old logo and white background that was put up last season.

Secondly, the fact that Martinez is getting this personal touch added to Goodison after just one year, when Moyes didn't get something similar after over ten years of tenure shows the difference in how the board, the fans and the media see Martinez and what he is capably of.

And finally, anyone who says it is "kopite-ish" needs to stop being so obessessed with them lot. It frustrates me the way some blues let them lot dictate what they think we should or shouldn't do.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing it properly, but the initial glimpses of it look quite smart, and it defintly looks quite unique amongst over Premier League grounds.

I do think it's premature, as he hasn't done much so far, but judging on the signings and his first season the future is bright. The murial also shows the board has massive confidence in him, and well as him believing in his own ability. If he has a bad season we will be laughed at, if he performs, nothing more will be said. I believe he will kick on this season, and the murial won't seem such a big deal come next season.

You're terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.