Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must clarify that that wasn't her opinion, she was taking the mickey out of Bobby.

What did he say in his interview?

Here is the highlight mate.

“The second half we started with a good mentality...

“I did feel that the team was the right one to get back into the game. I wanted the players to show the right intention to get back into the game...“I never felt that we were outplayed - it was a matter of the way we defended our 18-yard box rather than any tactical aspect.”

"Very disappointing. A game with nothing between the two sides apart from ourselves not being able to defend the six-yard box better.

"It is about how we defended the six-yard box, the other two goals were the same. They didn't have to do much to score three goals. It was not a case of them being superior to us, it is just we were very soft.

"I do feel we need to find a good run of performances.

I don't think the performance was too far away from what you need to get good results."

:D:D:D:D:D

"Very disappointing. A game with nothing between the two sides apart from ourselves not being able to defend the six-yard box better.

"It is about how we defended the six-yard box, the other two goals were the same. They didn't have to do much to score three goals. It was not a case of them being superior to us, it is just we were very soft.

I don't think the performance was too far away from what you need to get good results."

Christ...

“I did feel that the team was the right one to get back into the game. I wanted the players to show the right intention to get back into the game...“I never felt that we were outplayed - it was a matter of the way we defended our 18-yard box rather than any tactical aspect.”

Christ.

We'd be laughing our bollox off at Brenda for this. He sounds badly in denial.

If he actually believes that tripe, then he shouldn't be the Everton manager.

However, I don't think he does, but I'm also clueless at what he thinks he is gaining by coming out with this rubbish.

I manage to dig out some stats all the way back from 2010

2009/2010
shot on goal per game 15.5
opponent shot on goal per game 13.3

2010/2011
shot on goal per game 15.3
opponent shot on goal per game 13.3

2011/2012
shot on goal per game 13.7
opponent shot on goal per game 12.4

2012/2013
shot on goal per game 16.7
opponent shot on goal per game 11.9

2013/2014
shot on goal per game 14.8
opponent shot on goal per game 13

2014/2015
shot on goal per game 13.1
opponent shot on goal per game 13.2

you can see the general trend there mate.
Certain things that made me concern, we're having better attacking players yet our shot per game decline.
We're having lion share of possesions but yet we're allowing opponent to shoot more. Something is wrong tactically.
Interesting figures, tbh I'm slightly surprised this season's shots on goal isn't worse than any of Moyes figures although we are probably conceeding a goal with fewer shots - think S'ton only had 3 shots on target today for example. Very infuriating as we had the 3rd best defence last season, we only conceeded 39 goals all year yet we are already up to 27.

We are genuinely looking more and more like Wigan. No energy or impetus. Few chances created. Conceding from orthodox movement and crosses. Players who never seem fired up.

First time I have had my doubts when I seen the team selection at 3 pm - the old adage why change a winning team only KM had to be replaced for a balanced side to perform v a side low in confidence?
3-0 defeat was all from 3 crosses so our defensive frailties emerge from imo is a unbalanced team selection!

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines

McCarthy Barkley

Mcgeady Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

or

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines

McCarthy Besic

Mcgeady Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

seriously how hard is it to play one of these sides? we would be about 6-9 points better off I have no doubt in my mind

Wait

Are those quotes correct from him?!!!

I need to take a long time to reflect on today. I heard more than one shout for his head today. Guy in front of me was livid.

reason is Barry, Eto'o and to an extent Naismith are his bum boys and have to be accomdated into the side, only Naismith deserves his place atm and that's only if barkley is played at CDM otherwise he needs to be on the bench with ross behind lukaku and two wingers on the pitch

Mask well and truly binned.

Bizarre team selections when there are proper alternatives available - a luxury the previous manager did not have.

Same old same old backwards and sideways passing - it would bore you to death.

Diabolical defending both individually and collectively; the resilience that was such a big part of the relative success of recent years is sadly missing.

And possibly worst of all, refusing to recognize what the problems are and claiming that there isn't much wrong really. Describing that defeat as merely "disappointing" is an echo from the Smith days.

We are so predictable and refuse to change which other teams and managers have sussed out. It's not looking good. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.