Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez is a lunatic who I loathe as a human being. Yet I would swap Martinez for him at the drop of a hat.

This is what you've turned me into Roberto, you monster.

I would even consider Rafael's 2D incarnation ahead of the current idiot in charge
mrbenn01.jpg

I feel sick I really think we would of won this cup this year .

As for defending crazy how much they stand off them and allow the opposition to find space crazy.
Osman starting was madness Coleman should off started and kone could of done a job instead of osman

That's the end of our season anyway good news will be we have been bought so that should cheer everyone up

Not really, but is a fact like
i cant remember the build up to the second mate, i just dont get the convoluted way some manage to have a go at players. 3rd goal was stones not picking his man up. I thought Kone did a half reasonable job when he came on, there is more to a game of football than the fancy Dan's who can dance around a player and look good. Before Kone came on we were clearing and the ball was coming stright back at us, Kone held it up ok.

i cant remember the build up to the second mate, i just dont get the convoluted way some manage to have a go at players. 3rd goal was stones not picking his man up. I thought Kone did a half reasonable job when he came on, there is more to a game of football than the fancy Dan's who can dance around a player and look good. Before Kone came on we were clearing and the ball was coming stright back at us, Kone held it up ok.

But he didn't - it bounced all the way back, Sterling got the ball, and you know the rest.

At one point he took it into the corner... held it for 30 seconds, then tripped over it for a goal kick. Summed up his night.

Sure, Stones doesn't pick up Aguero, but look at McCarthy not bother to challenge De Bruyne at the cross. Just turns his back.

I agree, he may not be a top goal scorer, but he managed to keep the ball in the City half. He looked as though he had been given an instruction to play that way. Once we lost the goal we were a bit lost though!

The watershed moment in the game was when Martinez made the double substitution. Up to that point we were solid and still possessed a threat on the counter, bringing on Kone for Deulofeu completely changed this and allowed Man City to push up and press. We didn't have a clear shot after this and along with Martinez' ineptness in being able to keep a clean sheet we were [Poor language removed]. Sorry Martinez but tonight was your fault.

I agree, he may not be a top goal scorer, but he managed to keep the ball in the City half. He looked as though he had been given an instruction to play that way. Once we lost the goal we were a bit lost though!

Did he? Mad that they found time to score twice after he came on then.

His failure to do EXACTLY THIS led to the second goal.

i dont believe you are blaming Kone for stones going to sleep

Not blaming kone for that, Stones is my absolute public enemy number 1 at the moment as he seems to cause more problems than anyone else but it's the defensive shape and balance of the team, against a team who overwhelm in numbers and with pace. Wingers covering full back's mistakes is part of it, and yeah having the pace to actually get back and help is part of it. Kone and osman don't have that so the defenders are exposed and on ther own

it all comes down to the manager, who should've known stones would make yet another mistake or two, yet insists on playing him, out of position and without cover.

That's me done with him now. This is not knee-jerk either; I was quite happy for him to get the bullet at the end of last season which was a shambles.
"Give him til xmas" - xmas comes n goes; same crap.
"we're in the semi of the cup?!" - well we aren't now so what's the next reason to keep him?
People now saying "well he got us Lukaku & Deulofeu" - I agree, that's great. But another decent manager may have got them. Also, having them is negated by his complete lack of defensive discipline.

• One dimensional tactics which which were found out last season.
  • Playing players despite lack of form or fitness
  • Relying on players like Osman and Kone in a massive game like tonight
  • Playing Stones right-back, who is out of form and useless at rb, and having Coleman and Oviedo on the bench
  • Players look disinterested
  • Sheer arrogance to not improve the defensive side of things
  • The constant stream of nonsensical garbage that passes his lips

Oh and Stones shouldn't have been anywhere near that pitch tonight. He head was and has been in the wrong place, Martinez failed to recognise this and still played him at RB. Coleman was clearly able to play or if not then go for Holgate or another youth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.