Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points this afternoon:-

1. I think we have moved past a tipping point with the fans in terms of the overwhelming disconnection between the manager and the fans.
  2. I am looking at the players from last week to this week and for the first time I am wondering if we are seeing a downing of tools when it suits.
  3. The international, national and local media no longer fear being openly critical of the current Everton manager.
  4. Bobby for the first time yesterday appeared to change tact with respect to his post match interviews but again stopped short of taking ownership for the performance and result.
  5. We are in danger of loosing more than 1-2 key players at the end of the season given the downward PL spiral so can the club afford to let the situation go on into a new PL season.
  6. If the new shareholder is about to pump significant money into the club then it is only natural to assume that he does not want to see the wrong headlines damaging the brand and his investment. "We need to be wining football matches"............

Personally, I think the club needs to be working the market now with respect to a possible manager change in the summer but Moshiri needs to be clear about his expectations and goals moving forward for the new season.

It is baffling mate, I'm pretty nonchalant about the prospect of it. I don't think he's the best we could attract but a three season spin seeing what he could do with these players rather than Martibez? Why not.

Moyes must know he's not getting considered for United (obviously), City (Pep), Liverpool (Klopp), Spurs (Pochettino), Chelsea (Conte). It's highly un likely he would be holding out for the Arsenal job.

So it begs the question, he's already stated he wants a return to the premier league, but he didn't take the Villa job, West Ham, Sunderland, Swansea, or Newcastle. Those are some of the biggest jobs outside the top 6 and are the sort that he could get instant success at and have time to build. Why not go for even one of them? Unless he is holding out for THE job. He's hinted at it a few times as well in interviews. Him and BK are still probably extremely close as are him and some of the players.

A decision has to be made on the Manager soon as big money is to be spent on players. Martinez will be going for his type of player - so to those saying give him next season if we win the cup and sack him if we have a bad start - that isn't going to work.

I'm sure if Moshiri sees what the majority see, he will not give Martinez the big bucks. He simply has to.

I don't really see the point in making this distinction and I don't see the point in writing him off completely if you know you're going to 100% reverse on it if something that, at this point, wouldn't hugely surprise anyone, happens. In fact, I don't think you can really call yourself someone who wants him out if you'd swing 100% based on the outcome of 2 games, just like those who're waiting until after the fa cup run aren't saying he's "absolutely fine" and then switching to "clueless" on the blowing of a final whistle.
It's more coming from the view point of there is no way he would be sacked if we won the cup, so I may aswell get behind him, and I wouldnt be able to control myself if we won't a cup. But at the same time if I turned SSN on now and it was breaking he had gone I'd be made up. I'm disgusted by this league performance and he shouldn't be here. Whereas you want to allow him to fail before acknowledging that you've had enough of him.

The thought of getting Moyes back is horrifying though. He's already said he won't stand in players way if they want to leave. The last thing we want is for this squad to lose its stars.

Said on the back of when we didn't have a pot to piss in, and wanted two of our players at his new job.

Different ball game now. Players will leave if we aren't competing and we aren't.

Rom's already got his eye on the exit based on the interviews yesterday.

Personally I think it will go one of two ways. Kenwright convinces Moshiri to keep Martinez in just at least for the start of next year (probably if he wins the cup). Then he'll start of the circus again and Moshiri will sack him before the Jan window. Or, Moshiri will be adamant that Martinez has to go, in which case I think it's been very odd that Moyes has not taken any of then umber of jobs that have come up in the prem. Kenwright will champion him and Moshiri will give him a whirl. Would be shocked but delighted if Moshiri got rid of Martinez and brought his own man in at the end of the season.

If I am honest with you, I don't think Bill will champion Moyes now.

I think Bill wax as disgusted as the rest of us at Moyes's antics in the early months of his OT fiasco.

Also, I don't think Bill is going to carry much sway with the new chap when it comes to making major decisions.

Said on the back of when we didn't have a pot to piss in, and wanted two of our players at his new job.

Different ball game now. Players will leave if we aren't competing and we aren't.

Rom's already got his eye on the exit based on the interviews yesterday.
Yes, I agree, but I'm not sure that their is any coming back from that with the fans. They won't forget. Also I'm no fan of Martinez I know their WILL BE repercussions for this shambolic season.

I'd be gutted if Moyes came back. But not as Gutted as id be if Martinez stayed.

It's more coming from the view point of there is no way he would be sacked if we won the cup, so I may aswell get behind him, and I wouldnt be able to control myself if we won't a cup. But at the same time if I turned SSN on now and it was breaking he had gone if be made up. I'm disgusted by this league performance and he shouldn't be here. Whereas you want to allow him to fail before acknowledging that you've had enough of him.

He's not getting sacked now either and we're in a semi of a winnable trophy. One that he's won before with an inferior side while performance in the league was similarly poor. He's as qualified as anyone to win it here. So why would I commit to wanting him sacked right now as the league's gone? It's pointless. I'll give him another year if he wins it because he'll have given us a great season's return: the FA cup and european qualification.

He's not getting sacked now either and we're in a semi of a winnable trophy. One that he's won before with an inferior side while performance in the league was similarly poor. He's as qualified as anyone to win it here. So why would I commit to wanting him sacked right now as the league's gone? It's pointless. I'll give him another year if he wins it because he'll have given us a great season's return: the FA cup and european qualification.
Are you trying to nab me over to team cult?

Status
Not open for further replies.