Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tweeted this in relation to his interview:

Some of you will agree, some of you won't.

Will be honest mate, i am [Poor language removed] furious with that Interview, takes credit for everything that happened at Swanse after he left, completey swerves all responsibility for what happened at Wigan after he left, and makes it sound like he was gutted to leave them, he jumpred at a big fat contract at Everton rather than stay, his choice no one forced him, but apparently he was frustrated that what he started he couldnt see to fruition their, errm they where a prem team when he joined for a few years in a row, he left them in the championship - great job

results don't matter... REALLY?

as for building football clubs - seriously he has in that sentence just compared us with Swansea and Wigan as a job - what a [Poor language removed] ego he has, as for saying he doesn blame others - since when has he ever taken any responsibility himself - [Poor language removed] hypocrite, sack him and sack him now - let him go build some little team in the lower leagues - my guess is he will spend 4 years with a team in a championship - fail to get them promoted - a new manager will take over that team and get up first time of asking - fraud of a manager

I think I can speak for all Evertonians when I say.

''Yuck''

image.png

There is only one bigger picture at a club.....its results. Every single manager knows that football is a results business, if you don't get the results you get the sack.

where is this interview

I was a bit of an aside at the end of http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...z-gives-staunch-defence-of-his-everton-reign/

Asked if Martinez may have put together a squad that someone else will get more from him, he responded: “Fine. I will be the proudest man on earth. I gave Joe Allen the perfect programme to develop as a youngster and he became a £15m player. As a manager you have to do that, for the good of the club, not for the good of the manager. I wouldn’t be involved in football if didn’t have that mentality. I’m not a short-term manager. I don’t want to get a football club mortgaged or in that situation just to win over the next six months. I enjoy building a club and making decisions. Maybe I am not going to see the benefit but that’s how a manager should think.”

Now in some ways, it was just a throwaway line, and I don't for a moment believe he's been told his job is massively at risk, but pre-Moshiri the question is unlikely to have been asked, and if it was just Bill in charge I think he'd have answered with something like "I'm here for the long-term", so I'd say he's very much aware of the pressure to deliver, much more so than he was a few months ago.

Incidentally, it was a very honest answer.

if he takes us to the final he can stay.

The standard is so low there. Little plucky Everton. Seriously a cup final can make up 2 seasons of crap? 31% winning rate and 4 home wins with 3 games to go? I think most fans won't accept this. 11th and on course of a 12th place trophy. I don't want further regression. Enough is enough unless he wins the cup. And he still has not fixed the league form and no sign of getting it fixed.

There is only one bigger picture at a club.....its results. Every single manager knows that football is a results business, if you don't get the results you get the sack.

Martinez says results dont matter ..... i hope he is gone this week. We could be a club on the bounce cup, derby, win 5 or 6 of last few games
looking back Martinez back room staff looked like they had won the lottery when they all came to us, you all just got a team relegated then lo and behold they are all at Goodison Park with a team with aspirations of Europe. When did we as fans see 12th 13th possibly 14th as acceptable ?

Martinez says results dont matter ..... i hope he is gone this week. We could be a club on the bounce cup, derby, win 5 or 6 of last few games
looking back Martinez back room staff looked like they had won the lottery when they all came to us, you all just got a team relegated then lo and behold they are all at Goodison Park with a team with aspirations of Europe. When did we as fans see 12th 13th possibly 14th as acceptable ?

Moyes gave us 6th place trophy consistently and they were saying it's not right but now 12th is ok because we are in the semis...good grief.

I think I can speak for all Evertonians when I say.

''Yuck''

View attachment 19787

On track for the lowest number of points from home games in our entire history, lowest number of home wins in our premier league history, potentially the worst home defensive record in top flight European football this season. #recordbreaker #entertainers #footballtouchedbythegods

Please don't avoid the swear filter
The fact that he has got us to two semi-finals is irrelevant. People pay their (season ticket) money for the league form. We lost at City as soon as they exerted any pressure on us, we capitulated just like many other occasions this season.

As for the FA cup run, we've beaten two pub teams, Bournemouth reserves and the Chelsea game could have gone either way but was won by Rom brilliance - not by some Martinez tactical genius.

The guy is a complete f4cking fraud and its so clear to see for me.

What do the pro-Martinez people think is going to change to make us top four contenders or even top 8 contenders? You're deluded, wake up and see that this clown is a charlatan and a loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.