Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this tactic he employs either for a goal kick or free kick deep in our half:

- Look for the short pass to a player, regardless of if they have a marker on them
- They play a quick ball just to get rid of it
- Makes its way back to the initial taker
- Hoofed upfield
- Possession lost

Out now and give it to Dunc till the end of the season and go from there IMO.
Royle Dunc and Sheedy know how the game is played -
A list of players who are too old - Baines- Jags - Barry - Osman - Kone -Gibson - Hibbert - Howard - all on the books two out of that lot can play 90 minutes what a waste of time contracting them only in bold are wirth keeping for another season!
Oh and we are beginning to look like Wigan every week -
RM his subs tonight baffled almost every blue!

It's sad, because after the first season when we came 5th it was obvious that we needed a new goalkeeper and a bit more solidity. I said months ago that if he didn't get a new keeper and stop the pfaffing about at the back it would cost him his job. He has nobody to blame but himself (well other than the referee, the linesman, Seamus Coleman etc etc).

Out for sure. I've never enjoyed watching Everton less. Our style of play is drably boring. That's the main issue for me (along with the defence). He had many faults, but I enjoyed watching a Moyes team play. They had guts, a Plan B, energy, passion. You could see that they played for the manager, and for the badge.

Martinez's team have none of that. Its wishy washy tip-tap [Poor language removed]. I hate it and it completely does my head in. Especially when messing about at the back. I want to throw something at the TV.

wow, just in utter shock here.

It's sad, because after the first season when we came 5th it was obvious that we needed a new goalkeeper and a bit more solidity. I said months ago that if he didn't get a new keeper and stop the pfaffing about at the back it would cost him his job. He has nobody to blame but himself (well other than the referee, the linesman, Seamus Coleman etc etc).

howard was great that season though, it definitely wasn't obvious then.

I really want him to turn things around because I like a lot of what he is about.

However,I just don't believe any more that he is going to learn. The same problems every week.

The continuing to pick Howard, the use of kone wide, the rigid formation that never changes, the bizarre substitutions and team selections, the failure of the team to play a pressing defensive game, our lack of any ability to actually look like we could hold onto a lead, the lack of balance in the team, leaving out mirallas and lennon every week, I could go on...

Every week is the same formula and it's just not working. He said it's not about defending it's about winning.I have no problem with that save for the fact that we aren't winning and 6 wins in the league this year is a disgrace, especially when in numerous games we were winning and better game management would have us in a much healthier league position.

I am already dreading the Newcastle game, that could get very ugly indeed.

There's shaky evidence for his defence at this stage I'll give you that.
I think it's prime time, what the point in getting rid and giving the potential new manager NO time to convince our stars to stay. A new manager could come in and it will give him a minimum of 16 games to inspire them to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.