Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MARTINEZ: "But I know we are going to get there.

I know that because I have been here three seasons and there is an incredible amount of understanding and know-how of what we need to do. Is this a massive transfer window coming up? It is. Massive. Probably as big as the summer window in 2013. We have to be stronger at the end of it.

There have been changes internally, with the new shareholder Farhad Moshiri. That is going to bring a huge amount of possibilities. We are hurting. We gave our all in the FA Cup semi-final and didn't get what we deserved but the support was incredible. It has given us the perfect stimulant to go on and achieve next season."

I'm seriously worried that he may be here a little longer after all.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hink-ve-got-win-losing-job.html#ixzz47cZqv0pp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They keep Martinez, they lose half the fan base and will be bottom half again next season. Don't think the new majority shareholder is that daft myself, would t be surprised either way though.

They keep Martinez, they lose half the fan base and will be bottom half again next season. Don't think the new majority shareholder is that daft myself, would t be surprised either way though.
But will they? Look at the protest it was hardly in its thousands was it? Compared to how many attended the game it was the minority who protested

MARTINEZ: "But I know we are going to get there.

I know that because I have been here three seasons and there is an incredible amount of understanding and know-how of what we need to do. Is this a massive transfer window coming up? It is. Massive. Probably as big as the summer window in 2013. We have to be stronger at the end of it.

There have been changes internally, with the new shareholder Farhad Moshiri. That is going to bring a huge amount of possibilities. We are hurting. We gave our all in the FA Cup semi-final and didn't get what we deserved but the support was incredible. It has given us the perfect stimulant to go on and achieve next season."

I'm seriously worried that he may be here a little longer after all.

Selling 2 Season tickets for next Season, 500 for the pair.

Some people can't accept it, though. The media have been brainwashing them for so long that they can't get the "plucky little Everton" mentality out of their DNA.
Good point - I think I mentioned earlier that steadily and slowly since the success of the 80's our expectations have fallen drastically to the point where NSNO means nothing, especially to our younger fans who may have only seen the cup win in '95 as some success, and although the Moyes years steadied the ship somewhat, we only had that '05 season when we qualified for the CL as anyhing to cheer. Moyes was past his sell by date when RM arrived, and the Boards inertia over the years hindered any progress we may have made. As a result the EFC fanbase is so frustrated imo with the fact that we are going backwards, and therefore we do need a change of attitude in how we want the club to progress. Are we prepared to accept mid and lower table finishes under RM or should we as fans demand more? OK so if the "new rules" means NSNO properly then we will have to be ruthless as a club in who we employ both on and off the pitch, and for me this means RM going as a start and a chance to aim higher than we have been. Renewed my ST today as I am optimistic that we as a club CAN progress with new money coming in and a fresh approach from a new manager - lets get rid of the term "plucky little Everton" once and for all.

But will they? Look at the protest it was hardly in its thousands was it? Compared to how many attended the game it was the minority who protested

The team and the manager have been heckled and booed in the majority of home games this season. Can't see that going on forever can you?

But sure sounds like he expects to be given the start of next season, again apart from what the esk is saying and maybe another itk there is no other indication he is going anywhere

There is, what about the fact the board haven't come out to support him at all? Or the fact the Echo, the clubs mouthpiece, are talking about him as if he's gone.

He's just being professional in that article, he's not gonna come out and say "well yanno I'm not gonna be here next season so..."

The club are obviously choosing to wait but it's pretty obvious by now he won't be here next year. Wish everyone would just chill and wait.

No matter how strongly opposed we might be, Evertonians are loyal and principled and would continue to support the team. They've got us by the you-know-what's.

The Board's dithering and silence is only serving to giving RM more opportunities to go the media and talk up his side of the story.

But sure sounds like he expects to be given the start of next season, again apart from what the esk is saying and maybe another itk there is no other indication he is going anywhere

My take on this is perhaps he's going along with the narrative of being our manager next year, not because he doesn't know he's going, but so that he still appears to be at the helm and in charge. He'll be looking for a new position come the summer and he'll want to appear to be a strong manger to the end - when (hopefully) Everton and he decide "to part ways amicably" - rather than a manger being chased down by fan revolt.

Or he might just be staying. ;)

I think you should check up on that allegation Dave. Because as far as im aware what you said couldn't of been further from the truth. He was gutted to be leaving.

Wasn't it Archie Knox forced Michael and big Dickie Dunne out the club because they were caught laughing on the coach back from an away defeat or sommat?

Status
Not open for further replies.