Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do 12th place in the table or moral defeats in the cup.Over the course of 2 seasons he has shown that he is not able to win matches on a consistent basis.He failed in Kiev.He failed in the Etihad in the league cup semi final.He failed at Anfield a few days ago and it was d day today and he failed his d day.He failed to get the most out of a talented squad of players.If this fella is still here come August then a statement will have been made that failure and mediocrity is good enough for Everton football club.Thanks for the first season Roberto but the future for this football club does not involve you playing a part in it.You tried you're best but it wasn't good enough.Hopefully Mr Moshiri will force the issue here although it would be better for his own dignity and integrity for Martinez to tender his resignation asap.The marriage between Everton football club and Roberto Martinez is over.Let's not flog a dead horse here.

Twas ever thus.

The irrefutable bottom line here is that those who oppose the manager dont register. Not at all. This is what I've maintained for an hour or more on this thread, and it hasn't been seriously challenged...and neither can it be.

I do feel genuinely sorry for people who dont or wont grasp that.

We have a manager who needs to tighten up his defence. Correct. But we have a manager that will be given the time to do that and see his present contract out - at least.

I suggest that anyone who doesn't recognise that clear fact - or who cant handle it - find something else to campaign on.
Yeah!

If he's going soon, I'd imagine he'd get tomorrow to clear his desk and Monday morning to say farewell with the club announcing it Monday afternoon.

It's things that we can see, take him an age to spot and/or act upon.

Most of us thought there was a good chance that the RS could make a meal of us in midweek, but he didn't do anything to counter it.

Most of us could see the gaps we were leaving open today, no progress until at least half time, despite one of those creating space for Fellaini's goal.

He's a fundamentalist, completely obsessed with his pretty vision.

There is no pragmatism, little adaptability, only a slither of tactical flexibility.

He reminds me of that Shaggy song:

But they caught us on the counter
Wasn't me
didn't play till it was over
Wasn't me
Good hammered by that shower
Wasn't me
They've even got it on camera
Wasn't me
No one marks up ever
Wasn't me
Always getting turned over
Wasn't me
Heard the boos getting louder
Wasn't me
And you did it while sober?

The comments he's made tonight again, good grief, if I didn't know he was dead already I'd expect him to pull off his face to reveal it was Jeremy Beadle all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.