Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is going to Wembley with banners is not really on, so how else do we tell the board in no uncertain terms that this clown has to go because I can see "what a manager" Bill shielding this joke till the end of the season.
There is the problem in a nutshell.

As a fan base we do naff all to voice our complaints and then wonder why things aren't changing.

Look how many pages of martinez out there is, yet the mention of a banner at the watford game and people were labled kopites for wanting to do that.

Take banners to wembley, take a bloody massive one and pass that about if we go behind. protest at the match, make voiced heard.

Otherwise things aren't going to change.

Roberto Martinez vowed to repay Everton’s fans for a ‘horrible’ derby defeat when he takes his side to Wembley on Saturday.

Wednesday’s 4-0 defeat to Liverpool was a miserable evening for the Blue side of Merseyside.

As well as the heavy defeat to their local rivals, Everton lost John Stones and Gareth Barry to fresh injury worries and Ramiro Funes Mori to suspension.

Liverpool were on top in the first half but it looked like the Blues would make it to half time with the score at 0-0 - only for the home side to strike twice in quick succession before the break.

Martinez said: “Nobody deserved to experience that - no fan or player deserved to be in that situation or chain of events. We need to move on quickly and repay our fans with a proper performance and showing in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

"That game is so close to us that I don’t think we should dwell on this one for too long because you have to focus on Saturday. It was a horrible experience for everyone connected to the football club.

“We need to regroup and make sure we have that opportunity to give the fans what they deserve - a chance to get in the final.

“We need to regroup and make sure we have that opportunity to give the fans what they deserve - a chance to get in the final.

“It was a game that probably changed on the two actions that we didn’t defend well enough in the period before half time. Clearly we lost concentration. For the first 40 minutes we had a different focus, a different way about us. We gave them a soft cushion of two goals that just before half time was a massive blow.”

The Everton manager said he believed Mori’s tackle on Divock Origi was a result of the emotion of the derby - before admitting the game was over as a contest after that incident.

He continued: “We tried to regroup and the first action is the red card. From that point on the game becomes a non-event and a horrible, horrible experience especially with the big game we have around the corner.

“Ramiro tries to win the ball, that was his intent. He doesn’t try to hurt the player or contact the player. It is a mis-timed challenge - it could have been a yellow card, it could have been a red card. I can understand why the referee gave it. Probably Ramiro got carried away with the emotion of the derby.

“Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. At half time we lost Gareth Barry through injury and then John Stones falls victim to illness with some stomach cramps. We already have Phil Jagielka injured in that position and we ended up with two midfielders in those positions.

“It’s Gareth’s groin so he is very doubtful. He felt it very close to half time so we’ll see the extent of it. Maybe he came off at the right time.”

Tell you something, can't believe he's trying to defend Mori, I love the lad but that was a disgraceful challenge, because IMO, Mori had no intention of going for the ball.

I'm looking at it fairly simply now. Lose Sunday and he is 100% gone either next week or summer. I would think the board will do it next week as the atmosphere at goodison will be pure hatred towards Martinez so much so that even Kenwright won't have a hope in he'll of trying to keep in the position. ........or we will have a cup final to book.

It's untenable his job now it's just when the powers that be who run us get of there bum and wipe the dirt in they're eyes

Hello, as a West Ham fan with a big soft spot for Everton, (as a child someone accidently got my Action Man an Everton kit, and Bob Latchford and Duncan Mckenzie were two of my favourite players) I find this sad to see. You seem to have such a talented squad, man for man better than ours easily, but not the drive or will to win.

My big question is, if you win the FA Cup does RM stay?

Hello Mate

In a word NO

Sooner he is gone the better

Hello, as a West Ham fan with a big soft spot for Everton, (as a child someone accidently got my Action Man an Everton kit, and Bob Latchford and Duncan Mckenzie were two of my favourite players) I find this sad to see. You seem to have such a talented squad, man for man better than ours easily, but not the drive or will to win.

I hope not. The fraud deserves the sack whether he wins the cup or not.

Do you want him?
We'll gift wrap him and drop him off if you like.

Roberto Martinez vowed to repay Everton’s fans for a ‘horrible’ derby defeat when he takes his side to Wembley on Saturday.

Wednesday’s 4-0 defeat to Liverpool was a miserable evening for the Blue side of Merseyside.

As well as the heavy defeat to their local rivals, Everton lost John Stones and Gareth Barry to fresh injury worries and Ramiro Funes Mori to suspension.

Liverpool were on top in the first half but it looked like the Blues would make it to half time with the score at 0-0 - only for the home side to strike twice in quick succession before the break.

Martinez said: “Nobody deserved to experience that - no fan or player deserved to be in that situation or chain of events. We need to move on quickly and repay our fans with a proper performance and showing in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

"That game is so close to us that I don’t think we should dwell on this one for too long because you have to focus on Saturday. It was a horrible experience for everyone connected to the football club.

“It was a game that probably changed on the two actions that we didn’t defend well enough in the period before half time. Clearly we lost concentration. For the first 40 minutes we had a different focus, a different way about us. We gave them a soft cushion of two goals that just before half time was a massive blow.”

The Everton manager said he believed Mori’s tackle on Divock Origi was a result of the emotion of the derby - before admitting the game was over as a contest after that incident.

He continued: “We tried to regroup and the first action is the red card. From that point on the game becomes a non-event and a horrible, horrible experience especially with the big game we have around the corner.

“Ramiro tries to win the ball, that was his intent. He doesn’t try to hurt the player or contact the player. It is a mis-timed challenge - it could have been a yellow card, it could have been a red card. I can understand why the referee gave it. Probably Ramiro got carried away with the emotion of the derby.

“Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. At half time we lost Gareth Barry through injury and then John Stones falls victim to illness with some stomach cramps. We already have Phil Jagielka injured in that position and we ended up with two midfielders in those positions.

“It’s Gareth’s groin so he is very doubtful. He felt it very close to half time so we’ll see the extent of it. Maybe he came off at the right time.”

Tell you something, can't believe he's trying to defend Mori, I love the lad but that was a disgraceful challenge, because IMO, Mori had no intention of going for the ball.

Mori actually stamped on him twice I didn't see this my seat ( was right in corner towards main stand ) I seen it afterwards. Don't know why he did it knowing there's a cup final.

He must have been promised the semi final, only explanation I can think of that he's still our manager this morning after what took place last night. Someone needs call the old bill because surely that was a crime against humanity ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.