Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has shown us, in no uncertain terms, that he is not going to change how he sets up his teams or directs them to play. Another boring match today where Martinez again failed to motivate, organize and instruct his team to a win. From my perspective, we had a few decent spells, they had a few too, but neither team had a real threat. It was another match where I felt just as 'meh' after the final whistle as before. For me a point keeps Martinez around, but his next loss needs to see him gone.

Obviously, we can't look at McCarthy's red card as Martinez' fault, but we must see these gross errors in judgement as a trend. When your team, from captain to bench are making individual errors frequently, it is the manager's job to figure out why and find a way to minimize them. Unfortunately for us, RM won't ever acknowledge this because it is a trend that is bred by his style of play. Martinez has this team so undisciplined and disorganized that you can't tell what position half of the players are supposed to be; was Lennon a No. 10 or left winger? Kone played on the right, RFM having a go at box2box midfielder, Coleman playing in the center, Lukaku playing isolated yet again, Barkley might have been on a five a side pitch. Its madness and no wonder that the players don't look arsed, RM has given them so little structure that it's crippling. That lackadaisical attitude toward organization is the root of all of our defensive errors, when players don't know their position, how are they supposed to have a consistent framework to make decisions well? If you continue to support Martinez, that is fine, just know that you are depending on his system getting it right and not him changing. The same system that took Wigan down and has us clinging desperately onto mid-table.

I'm not going to say as that will lead to press speculation, but the three I am aware of would be all high quality candidates.
Genuinely not trying to be smart The Esk but how would you commenting on a forum cause press speculation?
Personally, I think Martinez will get another season.

Enough of this con merchant, get him sacked already he doesn't deserve to lead the team out at Wembley.

11w03u.jpg

I'm not going to say as that will lead to press speculation, but the three I am aware of would be all high quality candidates.
All I could hope for is that Mr Moshiri and/or his man on the Board are running the search.

If any of Bill and his men are having anything to do with it, then my confidence levels take a hit.
Yes, a great opportunity for this beaut to make another appearance...

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.