Rip it up and start again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New manager.
Cover at right back.
Centre half who can organise and lead a defence (shawcross mould).
Midfield hardman.
Striker who can get in the 6 yard box playing off another striker (maybe bony & defoe type partnership-not defoe exactly).

I think a squad of maybe 18/19 players tops is all you need, then pad the rest out with youngsters if injurys come about or a signing or 2 in january!

Gk. Robles, New signing (depends if the manager wants robles as no.1 on who it would be)
DR. Coleman, Browning (then we have the likes of Kenny & Holgate if we get a mad rush of injurys,plus stones)
DC. Stones, Funes Mori, Jags & New signing a beast who is a good organiser and leader please
DL. Baines & Galloway (id jib Garbutt & Oviedo off)
MC. Barry, Besic, boss ball playing midfielder and maybe a big strong fella like that ituba at stoke (then we are awash with cm's in the u21s and u18s
AM. Barkley, Geri, Lennon, & 2 new signings, one should be Pienaar esq
ST 2 New strikers, jib Rom off

That means players leaving or not needed would be

Kone
Howard
Garbutt
Lukaku
Oviedo
Mirallas
Pienaar
Gibson
Hibbert
Osman

That big enough for a rip it up?

probably

Depends on who you bring in ( and how they do ) and how much it all costs.

I do fancy that little bloke at Stoke for the Pienaar role though

I think this thread is entirely borne out of the frustration we all feel at the quality of performances, but i cannot see how this squad is suddenly dross? Properly motivated and coached by a manager who values the concept of defending as much as he does the concept of attack, this lot would be ripping teams up again in no time! Obviously we need to be planning fir the future with regards to baines, Jags and Barry, but the left back spot is one of the healthiest we have, ditto centre half ( current performances notwithstanding), so the only real area of concern surrounds Barry and whether or not Besic can make the grade? I say that not on the grounds of ability either, as i think Mo has tons of ability, it is his ability to get more than six games on the bounce that is in doubt at this point!

@MACCA75

I totally agree and think that bar the players below kept as a "core" we should rebuild/build around them as a squad:

GK -- ??? / Robles
LB -- Oviedo / Galloway
LCB -- Mori / ???
RCB -- Stones / Jagielka
RB -- ??? / ???
DM -- Barry / McCarthy
CM -- ??? / Besic
LW -- ??? / Cleverley
ACM -- Barkley / Tarashaj
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon
CF -- Lukaku / ???

15 players there out of a squad of 22 (2 players for each position) who i would not sell.

For me, that is a REALLY strong core for a squad and of
course we have one or two such as Jagielka and Barry who i would seek to upgrade but keep them for another season.

In fact 7 new additions (possibly 6 depending on Niasse) as well as the youth such as Ledson/Walsh/Kenny having a chance and we could have a really strong squad.

Would need top players coming in this summer.

To further my point, did Chelsea have a crap squad when Jose lost them? Because I'm pretty sure they've had much better form and gone from being 16th and 8 points behind us to 10th and 5 points ahead of us without their squad being overhauled.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the players, not the management. Remember how Jose sold off all of his title-winning players and then Hiddink brought them all back in after Jose was fired?

I'd be moving on:

Howard
Coleman
Baines
Garbutt
Browning
Pennington
Gibson
Osman
Pienaar
Kone
McAleny
McGeady
Henen
Mirallas
Leandro

Of all of them, i think i would only really keep Coleman as an option at right back but would seek to bring in a better player. Also at left back i think it would be hard to move Baines on.

@MACCA75

I totally agree and think that bar the players below kept as a "core" we should rebuild/build around them as a squad:

GK -- ??? / Robles
LB -- Oviedo / Galloway
LCB -- Mori / ???
RCB -- Stones / Jagielka
RB -- ??? / ???
DM -- Barry / McCarthy
CM -- ??? / Besic
LW -- ??? / Cleverley
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon
CF -- Lukaku / ???

15 players there out of a squad of 22 (2 players for each position) who i would not sell.

course we have one or two such as Jagielka and Barry who i would seek to upgrade but keep them for another season.

In fact 7 new additions (possibly 6 depending on Niasse) as well as the youth such as Ledson/Walsh/Kenny having a chance and we could have a really strong squad.

no Coleman? not even as back up?

Fed up hearing TV pundits saying what a great squad we have. I'd say no one is indispensable and we should appoint a manager who wants to build a new team. If that means waving goodbye to the likes of Jagielka, Barkley, Barry, Mccarthy etc so be it.

Only pundits? Some of our fans act like we are the next coming of 1970 Brazil.

@MACCA75

GK -- ??? / Robles
LB -- Oviedo / Galloway
LCB -- Mori / ???
RCB -- Stones / Jagielka
RB -- ??? / ???
DM -- Barry / McCarthy
CM -- ??? / Besic
LW -- ??? / Cleverley
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon
CF -- Lukaku / ???

Think you're a bit ahead of yourself with Tarashaj. The lads has one decent season in the swiss league.

Baines and Coleman will be staying but not surprised you havent included them. You blame them for Bobbys defensive weaknesses.

cleverley isnt a LW Unless you are Bobby. Mirallas will be staying

You can replace Lukaku with ???

Think you're a bit ahead of yourself with Tarashaj. The lads has one decent season in the swiss league.

Baines and Coleman will be staying but not surprised you havent included them. You blame them for Bobbys defensive weaknesses.

Cleverley would be on the bench. Not worth value to sell him and hes able to fill into a few positions.

Mirallas will be gone i think.

Lukaku = new contract.

Tarashaj - only just joining.

You think Mirallas will be here next season??

Status
Not open for further replies.