2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my overriding feeling.

I like the guy and we'll undoubtedly miss his presence in the side, but can't help but feeling that we've lost better players previously and that includes Lukaku.

It's absolutely imperative now though that we recruit strongly. A real acid test for Thelwell this.
He's definitely not the best player that we've lost but when we lost Lukaku we were a far better side. Lukaku at the time would've been a lot easier to replace and that was the only worry, we messed that up too, whereas now we've not only got Richarlison to replace but also using the money for him on the rest of the squad too.

….we haven’t seen the photo of him with a Spurs shirt yet.
He's leaving Eggs, regardless of whether it's Spurs or some other as of yet unknown club.

The important thing for Everton was having a deal agreed by today so they could show it in this year's financial accounts.

I’m no defender of this board whatsoever, and you know the conspiracy theories will be out in force tomorrow when we reveal Tarkowski and the kit hot on the heels on Richy going, Dave has already alluded to it. But, on this occasion I think it’s purely coincidental. It just happens to be that these are all happening due to dates. Tarkowski wasn’t getting announced until his Burnley contract expired and he becomes a free agent on July 1st, the kit couldn’t be announced until the current sponsorship ends on the same date, and we had to push a sale through also before the exact same date. It’s purely coincidental.

Watford signed him for like £11m, he played 30 odd games, scored 5 goals and sold him for £50m as 21 year old - a player who had a woeful second half of his debut Prem season.

Everton sign him for £50m, develop him into a full international - remove any doubt about the lads ability and sell him for £50m (then deduct Watford/Richarlison fees) and £10m add ons.

This Everton board...

I expected him to leave, but to a bigger club than Spurs and for a little more money.

Concerned about the clubs ability to replace him - Thelwell and Lampard have so little credentials in recruitment.
I think we signed him for 40m plus 10% of any fee over that amount.

And @RomanReigns Raphinha isn't going for £15m more.

Raphinha is going for £57m. Then the add ons take it to £60-65m. Richarlison is £50m with add ons to £60m.

Both might never reach the add ons but Raphinha is not going for £15m more.
See I'd read that the 55m for raphina was the total fee including add ons.

The dynamics of this deal are going to be interesting, looking at it from an Everton welfare point of view and the scope and meaning for us.

Say we accept £60 mill, his book price is 14 mill, in accounting terms that means we make a £46 mill profit, if Watfords 10% of the overall deal is true that means we make £40 million net in profit - not that great when you consider our innital outlay on him.

How much scope does it give us in the window, i think its important to remember this is profit but not necessarily profit for transfers, how much we actually have to spend depends on the scale of our losses as a club, we made £120 mill in losses in out last set accounts, likely at the end of this financial year its somewhere between £50-70 mill, so that £40 million comes of our losses if received today or tomorrow. So you then apply £10-30 odd mill loss to FFP, and you may have 20- 30 odd mill mill scope to play with for new transfers. Other good news is we have cleared about 30 mill in wages and costs to take on new players in the new financial year (42 million if Richarilison goes).

Its important to remember, that £10-30 odd million budget isn't net i.e. money coming in and money coming out (it is in real terms) but from an accounting and regulatory point of view deals are looked at from a multi year point of view.

For example, our three highest earners: Mina costs 11.9 million pre year, Gomes 10.5 mill, Sigurdsson 14.10 - so that's under a budget of 35 mill in costs annually. The rub is you have to pay that every year of their contract, so you need to make sure you have the budget next year to, your adding 35 million to your cost base every year.

Its why i dont think a deal of 60 mill is that good for Everton, certainly for the worth and value of the lad to us - not to mention strengthening a rival.

That's my take anyhow @Zatara will have crack now in a second!

….I recall reading that Watford only receive a % of any amount over £40m.

I think we signed him for 40m plus 10% of any fee over that amount.

Whatever way it's spun, Watford will have received very close to, if not the full £50m;

Everton have signed Brazilian winger Richarlison from fellow Premier League side Watford in a potential £50m deal.

The Toffees are believed to have paid an initial £35m for the 21-year-old - who has signed a five-year contract - with clauses that could make him the club's record signing.

Dogfight from day 1 now.

1 point needed from every game.

Gona be a long season without the only real hope we had of grabbing a goal out of nothing.

Wish someone chinned him now v Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.