2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me sad. Can't blame him though, we are an utter mess and he deserves the opportunity to play at a higher level. Take his performances out the side for the last 10 games and I reckon we would have gone down. We need to reinvest wisely this summer or we are in big big trouble next season, he is such a massive part of the squad on and off the pitch. Best of luck Richy

He'll win as much with Spurs as he has with us

This is why I’m annoyed by it.

Yes, he was always going to leave, but SPURS ffs. They’re in the champions league but they’re us with a few more quid and sensible people in positions of power

They know our heartbreak and misery better than most

Spurs had the best front 2 last season and have now added Bissouma, Richarlison and Persisc, also wisely punting that utter yard dog Emerson Royal and replacing him with a footballer.

Way to upgrade Rich.
Remember when people thought we made out well getting Doucoure instead of Hojbjerg?

This makes me sad. Can't blame him though, we are an utter mess and he deserves the opportunity to play at a higher level. Take his performances out the side for the last 10 games and I reckon we would have gone down. We need to reinvest wisely this summer or we are in big big trouble next season, he is such a massive part of the squad on and off the pitch. Best of luck Richy
Will we be able to reinvest? Or will it all be swallowed up by ffp and our debt?

Sad to see him go. Frank's back will be against the wall keeping this lot up. Goals will be even harder to come by with Richy gone. Strap yourself to your seat.

I’m confused, why doesn’t this apply to Tarkowski too? Burnley already announced he was leaving.

Well yeah it's a bit silly given he's said his good-byes and stuff but I imagine there's some technicality in the UEFA rules that state you can't pre-announce a signing since the player won't have been able to sign the contract within the same FA.

But what about this years accounts? I just laid out why we shouldn’t be making a massive loss. What are we spending it on?

On Rich, I’m glad it’s getting done sooner rather than later. We’ll definitely have our targets, but Frank/Kev will have been completely hamstrung up until this point. Hope there’s an imaginative buy or two in there, not just players already known to the league.
We have overspent on wages I guess, I don’t know all the details but our last set of accounts were rotten.

Some of the loss is offset against the stadium and some against COVID losses.

The other big part of the problem is that we stopped selling players. The hung around on large salaries and left for nothing.

I can't figure this out. He will get one season of champs league, they will finish 5th at best next season, conte will be off. Then they will be scrapping round for second rate managers and he will win f all with them. Its a slight step up, maybe they are his only real option? Seems odd to me, richarlison deserves better than spurs!

Spurs had the best front 2 last season and have now added Bissouma, Richarlison and Persisc, also wisely punting that utter yard dog Emerson Royal and replacing him with a footballer.

Way to upgrade Rich.
That might make them ever so slightly favourite this coming season for 4th place just in front of arsenal and united...miles though still from Chelsea, Liverpool and City...eventually united will get their act together and spurs will be back fighting for 5th place in the league. Not sure richy will enjoy possibly be used more from the bench instead of the first name on the team sheet...Time will tell if its a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.