2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club want him to stay and build the team around him and will be offering him a new and vastly improved contract.

Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I’m hearing from someone with a connection to him.
It wouldn't suprise me.
Lampard saying talks were on hold because obviously these players want to play in the Prem and now that's sorted they can get on with it has given me a bit of hope. Maybe Richy was never leaving unless we got relegated ?

The club want him to stay and build the team around him and will be offering him a new and vastly improved contract.

Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I’m hearing from someone with a connection to him.
We would be happy with that but I feel that we need to sell him and DCL to generate funds for a squad overhaul due to our financial mess.
The only players with any reasonable stock value 30mil+ are Pickford Richarlison DCL.
IMO we need 5-6 first team players for next season that’s either going to cost a lot money which we don’t have or some very very shrewd business in the transfer market.

Away from all the elation last night we cannot start next season with over half of that first 11

We would be happy with that but I feel that we need to sell him and DCL to generate funds for a squad overhaul due to our financial mess.
The only players with any reasonable stock value 30mil+ are Pickford Richarlison DCL.
IMO we need 5-6 first team players for next season that’s either going to cost a lot money which we don’t have or some very very shrewd business in the transfer market.

Away from all the elation last night we cannot start next season with over half of that first 11
I think it's also clearing the big pay packets off the books as well. That coupled with not buying our usual 40m flops should see us clear to attract decent players who can do a job for us, whilst keeping the likes of Pickford,Richie maybe DCL onside.

Do we though? There will be a few high earners out the door and getting wages off the books will contribute a lot to FFP

I think it's also clearing the big pay packets off the books as well. That coupled with not buying our usual 40m flops should see us clear to attract decent players who can do a job for us, whilst keeping the likes of Pickford,Richie maybe DCL onside.
We have so much deadwood mate we can get save a fortune in wages without selling any stars - but if players want Champion league etc it's cost us in the past ..... but we must get the top fee for any stars - the other lot get more for under 23 players......or reserve squad players.....

We have a young manager who has great contacts - he needs to rebuild & mould the team he wants ....

One thing we need to do is do our business early! The club need to speak with the 3 mentioned if they want move then get it done early.

The thing is, we are his level. I think it would be an awful career move to join someone like United in the state their currently in, for a huge fee, and be expected to carry them which he is not capable of and heaps massive pressure on him. Then you’ve got the likes of Newcastle who will be able to blow anyone out of the water for wages, but would he really fancy that move? You can forget the Real Madrids and PSG’s, that’s not happening. Italian teams couldn’t afford him. Where would he go?

The thing is, we are his level. I think it would be an awful career move to join someone like United in the state their currently in, for a huge fee, and be expected to carry them which he is not capable of and heaps massive pressure on him. Then you’ve got the likes of Newcastle who will be able to blow anyone out of the water for wages, but would he really fancy that move? You can forget the Real Madrids and PSG’s, that’s not happening. Italian teams couldn’t afford him. Where would he go?
I think he could do a job at PSG tbh, domestically he would be fine, he'd get 4 or 5 chances a game and end up with 15-20 goals easy playing off the left side.
In europe it would be a step up but with an attack minded team that dont know how to defend, one of his biggest assets is his workrate going both ways so would help them out massively.

Just made this GIF. Hopefully I’ll be able to find many a use for it next season for totally unrelated things

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.