2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of ability but the intelligence of a headless chicken. Escapes flack and benching because he's Brazilian.

1650539488015.png

Can we do a poll on whether the kick wide or the header wide was worse?

Everyone seems to be ranting about the header, I found the open goal miss much worse. He literally could've kicked it anywhere on target and it's in.

Love the workrate and there's no doubting his commitment. I feel for him when he's thrown up front.

I was in direct line for the 1st half open goal miss and it was pretty bad. Lots of us just staring at each other in disbelief.

Not sure about the header as a bit to far away but he doesn't stop trying and was where he needed to be at the end to score

Can we do a poll on whether the kick wide or the header wide was worse?

Everyone seems to be ranting about the header, I found the open goal miss much worse. He literally could've kicked it anywhere on target and it's in.

Love the workrate and there's no doubting his commitment. I feel for him when he's thrown up front.

Header was much worse for me. He saw it coming all the way, and couldn't have been any more unmarked. He had 2 thirds of the goal to nod it into.

The other one is really bad as well but it was instinctive and you can easily snatch at those.

If United come in for him then the fee should be tasty.

Love to hold onto him and get his contract extended...would move DCL on before him and those we need to upgrade.

I’ve got an awful feeling this is going to be a ‘transfer saga’ in the summer and if it is , it will be a shame.

We paid a lot to bring him in, and won’t be selling for a loss. So we’ll be quoting astronomical fees, the fans of any club like Man Utd, PSG, Barca etc won’t be happy bringing in Richarlison for £70m, and he’s not a £70m player, but they’ll be the kinds of figures we’re quoting.

Which ends up in the inevitable transfer request and deadline sale etc, the £50m song is gonna come back to bite us when we sell him for £50m, because we didn’t even pay £50m for him lol

Love to hold onto him and get his contract extended...would move DCL on before him and those we need to upgrade.
I was thinking that the other night when the played the RS, that Richy'd walk into that United team, he's also a bloody good worker if their new coach wants to play the pressing game everyone reckons he will. I'd love it if he stayed but his passion and workrate for the cause during a dire season and during the last few matches in particular warrant our respect if he decides the time's right for a move. On DCL, it's getting to the point where I couldn't care less. There was a point two or three games back where I actually thought he's surely knock in 3 or 4 for us before the end of the season to nudge us along but this latest 'setback' suggests otherwise, just hope we get a decent fee that Lampard can invest with and move on.

I’ve got an awful feeling this is going to be a ‘transfer saga’ in the summer and if it is , it will be a shame.

We paid a lot to bring him in, and won’t be selling for a loss. So we’ll be quoting astronomical fees, the fans of any club like Man Utd, PSG, Barca etc won’t be happy bringing in Richarlison for £70m, and he’s not a £70m player, but they’ll be the kinds of figures we’re quoting.

Which ends up in the inevitable transfer request and deadline sale etc, the £50m song is gonna come back to bite us when we sell him for £50m, because we didn’t even pay £50m for him lol
We probably did at this point.

I would imagine most clauses have been met.

Agreed .. I think we need to sell one of them as there just doesn't seem to be any understanding or partnership between them, and after this amount of time probably never will be.

Agreed .. I think we need to sell one of them as there just doesn't seem to be any understanding or partnership between them, and after this amount of time probably never will be.

I think as @Eggs highlighted a while ago + his recent training ground injury supports...these quad injuries could have lasting affects on DCL.

For that reason Id sell and hope Newcastle or Arsenal come in for him at £50mil.

Id sell DCL now...hope Juventus want to take Kean this summer to move him on quickly for another £25mil.

Thats £75mil and if a club offers £75mil for Richarlison then we've brought in £150mil which should be a good pot for Thelwell to reinvest.

Rather than losing money on so many players we need Thelwell to take a £150mil+ investment and turn it into £300mil worth of talent in the squad.

tbh i'd love to get £75m for DCL and Kean and also keep Richi

Richi may want to leave but he is also a near guaranteed starter for us and that may help persuade him to stay in a world cup year where he needs to be playing regularly which may not be a certainty at other clubs.

If we do manage to keep him i'd love us to get/use a quick nimble striker as an option who may be more effective at getting onto rebounds and deflections and finding space in the penalty area than a bigger target striker. With both Richi and Gordon firing shots in from the wings/cutting in etc that could work well (perhaps)

Status
Not open for further replies.