2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez was 23 when he joined Liverpool.

He hit 1 in 3 for 1.5 seasons.

It was only when he was 25 that he became the top player we think of.

Richarlison has ZERO service...Gray, DCL and the midfielders dont get the ball to him.

Whether its selfish play or poor passing he doesnt receive the ball when he's in dangerous positions.

I now think he's got to be played at 9 and we need to have someone like Dele behind him and a better central midfielder who is able to make key passes.

We need to keep him, id sell DCL before him.
Suarez had over 100 goals by the time he joined RS. Comparing the two is useless.

Yet, that was with Ajax. He then scored 1 in 3 for Liverpool. The same as he had done in Uruguay and for Groningen.

If Richarlison played for Ajax he'd no doubt be scoring alot more goals.
He will never get to Suarez level, he was truly world class.
I’d say Mane. Who joined the reds at 24 after scoring 1 in 3.2 games at Southampton in 2years. I think Southampton finished 6th one of those seasons.

Richarlison averages 1 in 3.2 for us and Brazil
Mane 1 in 3 Senegal

After 2 seasons for us Richarlison was averaging 1 in 2.7.

I think plenty of reasons for his last 2 seasons. Injuries all over the team including him. Constant changing of players and formations. And 4 different managers, including 2 very negative ones

He will never get to Suarez level, he was truly world class.
I’d say Mane. Who joined the reds at 24 after scoring 1 in 3.2 games at Southampton in 2years. I think Southampton finished 6th one of those seasons.

Richarlison averages 1 in 3.2 for us and Brazil
Mane 1 in 3 Senegal

After 2 seasons for us Richarlison was averaging 1 in 2.7.

I think plenty of reasons for his last 2 seasons. Injuries all over the team including him. Constant changing of players and formations. And 4 different managers, including 2 very negative ones

Agreed. My point was simply that he 'is' a Suarez type in the sense of his premier league goal record up to this age + his attitude and tracking back etc.

I think Richarlison is a good finisher as well...sadly he simply doesnt get that many chances due to the rest of the team.

Comparing him to suarez/mane, talk of him replacing mbappe or ronaldo? Is this the same guy who I've been watching this last 2 years? Yeah, service to him has probably been awful, but when you're being bracketed with world class players, you're supposed to be able to make things happen on your own. If the figures being bandied about are true I hope we snap whoever's hand off who are willing to pay for him.

He's an average premier league forward player at best imo, but we'll see how he works out at utd/psg.

But it's hard to do anything as a forward when your midfield is non-existent.
It's hard to play midfield too, when you're forwards don't make themselves available, and don't get hold of the ball, to allow the midfield to support the attack.

Yet, that was with Ajax. He then scored 1 in 3 for Liverpool. The same as he had done in Uruguay and for Groningen.

If Richarlison played for Ajax he'd no doubt be scoring alot more goals.
Suarez scored 69 goals in 110 games for Liverpool. And then 147 in 191 for Barcelona. And 30 in 58 for Atletico. And 67 in 130 for Uruguay. A world-class player among the very best of his generation.

Richarlison? Nice lad.

I saw Suarez at Ajax and in the 2010 World Cup for Uruguay. I couldn't believe the steal King Kenny pulled off on the day he signed him for about half the price of that beanpole from Newcastle, Andy Carroll. A world-class player to anybody with eyes. Richarlison at the same age really does not compare. As time will inevitably prove.

Last edited:
Still reckon Richy is better than that Diaz that arrived at the RS in January.

Only 1 goal since he arrived…he is all fart and no sh*t. Nice dribbler, looks exciting, but at the end of the day he doesn’t deliver goal contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.