2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Richy just wants to shoulder the responsibility himself which is not something we have had a lot of in recent years.

However, I think Rafael will have a word after the match. It looked to me as though he was telling Allan to pass some kind of message on to me

Dunno if he picked up a knock in the last 15mins (hit the deck at the final whistle I think) but for some one so desperate to score he barely kept up with forward play towards the end. Very odd performance given he was the centre point of our attack after DCL went off.
Also looked like Benitez was giving him some for being off side when we could have broke too

The whole penalty situation was not good and something no one wants to see, I hope Rafael sits him down and makes it clear that it cannot happen ever again.

I won’t be to critical though, the reason we love Richy is because of his passion, intent, drive to get the most of every situation and his snide. These kind of players, especially one who are not yet matured can create these kind of situations. It’s of course something we never want to see again but it is a sine of a driven player who wants to get the best from himself at all costs. Sometimes that will come at a price though.

Poor that from him today. He knows he’s not the pen taker, the lad who is actually scored his last one and he’s still arguing as he’s about to take it. Embarrassed himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.