2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saying you can’t moan when players are diving all over the place against us, you will have to defend it and even applaud it

And to think we will win by cheating is nailed on, is laughable

Maybe I am too old and still believe in winning the right way

I don’t like blatant cheating….
You're probably old enough to remember us winning trophies. I've grown up with pretty much nothing to celebrate. I was 8 months old when we last won something. I'm just sick and tired of watching us be mediocre.

I want my players diving.

I want my players crowding the referee.

I want them in the faces and antagonising the opposition.

There is no top team in the world who doesn't do them 3 things.

Richarlison does all of those 3 things and he works himself into the ground to try and claw any advantage he can give to Everton.

If we had even 4 more players in the squad with his attitude we'd be nowhere near going down.

I want my players taking every advantage they can.

Being liked is for losers, I'll take hated and successful any day of the week.

I'll be too busy celebrating wins and not getting relegated to care about what other fans think.

When some (negative) posters state that Richarlison isnt "good enough" or isnt "worth" £70mil+ they then regularly dismiss any interest from the likes of United, PSG, Barcelona and Madrid.

What they then seem to throw in as a 'token' is that he would "fit in well' at Atletico Madrid. Thats the same team which takes on the underdog role in certain matches and uses similar tactics to those we saw in our last match.

Against teams where they have superior players they do play attacking football which they have been moving towards over the past two seasons.

If we played with anything like the desire, mentality and robustness of Atletico while adding young quality players to fit into the system and tactics...

..I'd love it.

I'll tell you who wouldnt love it, the top 6 teams as we'd take far more points off them and compete with them.

If theres any way to have Richarlison extend his contract Id welcome it.

I say all this but I'm fully of the belief that winning trophies, especially the league, is beyond everyone but the top 4's reach. I don't even think Newcastle and their newfound riches have enough to bridge the gap. I'm pretty confident that I won't see Everton win a trophy in my lifetime.
The Championship ??

The premier league is way out of our reach, but you never know with the cups

Terrible how we have declined to this☹️

I say all this but I'm fully of the belief that winning trophies, especially the league, is beyond everyone but the top 4's reach. I don't even think Newcastle and their newfound riches have enough to bridge the gap. I'm pretty confident that I won't see Everton win a trophy in my lifetime.
ffp, co-efficient CL qualification, and now 5 subs will only increase the gap
I think you are right unless we get very lucky

Need him to keep his head.
Being entirely honest, he's lucky to have not been sent off on Sunday and he was far from composed on Wednesday in terms of in front of goal.

We're currently relying on him a lot, along with Gordon, but I am concerned about both their levels of composure. I'd not be surprised if he was sent off soon.

If that happens, we're down.

Status
Not open for further replies.