2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to say it. I just don't see him as a great player. He is good, but not great. I know he is capable of bits of magic now and again, and he is a full Brazil international, but I just don't see why so many people rave about him or fear losing him.

I'm going to say it. I just don't see him as a great player. He is good, but not great. I know he is capable of bits of magic now and again, and he is a full Brazil international, but I just don't see why so many people rave about him or fear losing him.
Hard to judge a player's individual ability when he's part of such a poor squad. He's shown he has the quality, but he can't single handedly drag the rest of the losers in the team to win games.

Hard to judge a player's individual ability when he's part of such a poor squad. He's shown he has the quality, but he can't single handedly drag the rest of the losers in the team to win games.
Fair point, but even the first couple of months last season when DCL and James were on fire, I felt that Richarlison was the weakest of the 3.

Even now, I'm not 100% sure if he's a winger, a striker or a support striker. He is capable at all 3, but doesn't seem to excel at any.

Fair point, but even the first couple of months last season when DCL and James were on fire, I felt that Richarlison was the weakest of the 3.

Even now, I'm not 100% sure if he's a winger, a striker or a support striker. He is capable at all 3, but doesn't seem to excel at any.
I think our tactics play a big part in that. He is not an out and out winger. He should be playing in a supporting striker role, like the rs play with their front 3. Unfortunately, we seem to want a traditional winger who just gets crosses into the striker.

I partly agree. He is a player who always gives his all on the field, and who can score some goals. But he is not impressive when it comes to the tactical and technical, and lacks the x factor the best players have. I understand that he is often isolated, and has to use a lot of force defensively, but he rarely manages to create problems for the opponent alone.

I think our tactics play a big part in that. He is not an out and out winger. He should be playing in a supporting striker role, like the rs play with their front 3. Unfortunately, we seem to want a traditional winger who just gets crosses into the striker.
This I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.