2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the majority of the time Richarlison has been here we’ve had a defend first mentality with slow build up whereas Lukaku had Martinez for the majority of his time here.
With the way Gray and Townsend have started their Everton careers I expect Richarlison to have one of his best goal returns this season.
Frankly he'll need it to be if he's still set on a move this summer

He seemed to be moving well but there is only so much a couple of short clips can really show.

True mate although if he's still training individually and not yet with the squad I doubt he'll be featuring this weekend.

I would imagine best case scenario is he gets back with the rest of the squad next week in time for Watford or Wolves at the latest.

We cant afford to go 8 weeks+ without our best player.

Really don't think him or Dom are going to be back any time 'soon' tbh.

Might be looking towards the end of the month. Hope I'm wrong.

The squad were again given a few days off over this past weekend, though. They'll be all back in this week, bar Mina who won't be getting back til Friday.

I like James whatever has gone on can't replace the excitement I had whenever James, DCL and Richarlison were in the team together. He was stardust in my opinion.

In my opinion he is. In his first 2 seasons he scored 13 goals in each. This was playing some at LF and some ST which I consider a good return considering how defensive we have been at times. Last season was not as good but we were happy to get one and just stop shooting last season. He will get goals in this team. At least the injury will have allowed him to freshen up and I think he'll hit the goal trail again. My narks with him is the penalty ball stealing tactics but that's just cos he's keen to do everything and the rolling around the floor when not injured as it sometimes leaves us a man light. Also when he sprints around minutes later it looks like he was trying to con the ref so he's less likely to rule I Richarlison favour when he actually gets a kick. I rate him that highly I think he would seamlessly fit into Cities squad.

We've all watched him. He can be brilliant and scintillating, but it's all too infrequent and inconsistent. One game in 5 he shines, the rest he runs down blind alleys, makes wrong decisions when he has time on the ball, is easily dispossessed as he attacks the box. He's also petulant, selfish on the ball, and appears to be an enigma to his team mates. He's good, occasionally, but he's nowhere near - I'm afraid to say - Salah good or Mané good (who show up every game they play).

The thing is, I like the fact that he's playing for us, and that we can keep (for now) such a coveted player.

Yet someone will end up paying silly money for him I'd, because he's Brazil's no.9 and he has attitude and can score goals. Part of me wants him to stay and improve and be part of a great Everton team. But right now I'd rip your arm off if you gave £80m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.