2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably fair mate, it just made me cringe a bit.
Each to their own.
I genuinely thought it was sound.
Pics with kids outside Finch Farm with him and his medal.
Absolute precious memories for them.

With all that’s wrong with Everton right now, it’s a more than welcome bit of good news, and believe me, I’m fuming with the club at the moment.

Not every day a team mate wins a gold medal is it?

With Osman, so the tale goes, the England manager had called Moyes to check he would be available for selection, then during training he (Moyes) called the squad together and announced the call up.

With Richy, chances are that video is online in Brazil already. Its the modern world I am afraid.

Yes probably mate. I just found it a bit cringey. I'm not sure anyone takes the Olympics football massively seriously. Good for team spirit though I suppose.

Each to their own.

With all that’s wrong with Everton right now, it’s a more than welcome biy of good news, and believe me, I’m fuming with the club at the moment.

I think I am letting the overall fume I have colour most of my judgements currently!

Yes probably mate. I just found it a bit cringey. I'm not sure anyone takes the Olympics football massively seriously. Good for team spirit though I suppose.

Brazilians do apparently.

A Gold medal deffo has a cache. I was in a conference, years ago, and as part of the sales team it was asked that we would encourage the less confident attendees to contribute. So when the usual "Introduce yourself with name, role and a short story" started, I said, "Roydo, sales in Bristol, once went shopping with Noel Gallagher". Cue giggles/wows.

The next person was a shy, young Scottish lass. Cant remember her name/job. But her last line was, "And I won an Olympic gold medal". Standing ovation in the room.

She was the young girl in that curling victory.

Brazilians do apparently.

A Gold medal deffo has a cache. I was in a conference, years ago, and as part of the sales team it was asked that we would encourage the less confident attendees to contribute. So when the usual "Introduce yourself with name, role and a short story" started, I said, "Roydo, sales in Bristol, once went shopping with Noel Gallagher". Cue giggles/wows.

The next person was a shy, young Scottish lass. Cant remember her name/job. But her last line was, "And I won an Olympic gold medal". Standing ovation in the room.

She was the young girl in that curling victory.

Well that showed you with you with your hip mates didn't it!

It's funny, my mum did similar in a school down south when starting and said "I doubt any of you will know this, but mrs Rye and Evertonian". Turns out one of the other teachers was also an Evertonian and grandson of none other than Johnny Carey.

Imagine having an issue with a young player winning gold for his country then coming back to training almost immediately, or having a negative view of his teammates being happy for him.

Lots of stuff wrong with the club at the moment but Richarlison going to the Olympics, winning gold, and being congratulated by his teammates isn't one of them

Imagine having an issue with a young player winning gold for his country then coming back to training almost immediately, or having a negative view of his teammates being happy for him.

Lots of stuff wrong with the club at the moment but Richarlison going to the Olympics, winning gold, and being congratulated by his teammates isn't one of them

Agreed boss to see that was

Well that showed you with you with your hip mates didn't it!

It's funny, my mum did similar in a school down south when starting and said "I doubt any of you will know this, but mrs Rye and Evertonian". Turns out one of the other teachers was also an Evertonian and grandson of none other than Johnny Carey.
Oh I was crushed mate!

I have a gift of being a tit, from telling a lad that his Mum gave me directions for his delivery, "Er, thats my wife", to telling Marcus Stewart that Bristol Rovers should pay him cos he told me he goes "home and away". He was assistant manager at the time. Pray for me.

He had a poor season by his standards and he deserved the criticism he got-

but this is tremendous. He's demanding to play this week. Wish we had a whole squad with this attitude.

I don't care if he swam back from Tokyo. First name on the team sheet for me.

Legendary mentality from Richy here. I didn't want him to go to the Olympics, but what other players would be right back in training so soon and ready to fight for the badge? 99% of players would be off on holiday in Ibiza for two weeks and we would be bitching about it. Mentality monster. PLEASE have a huge bounce back season Richy, we need it.

Is he overcompensating for losing the Copa America final do you reckon? It is a tiny bit sad that he thinks an Olympic gold medal with Brazil is some sort of massive achievement.
He’s won a Copa as well. Winning Olympic gold would be a peak for any athlete, regardless of sport. What, 18 players in the world get one every 4 years? He’s not supposed to be proud of that?

It's a good mentality but only if the performances back it up throughout the season. If he goes off the boil during the season because he's tired (like at Watford when he hadn't had a break) then he did need a rest.

Each to their own.

With all that’s wrong with Everton right now, it’s a more than welcome bit of good news, and believe me, I’m fuming with the club at the moment.

this.
My god what is wrong with some people. He’s just won an Olympic gold medal, of course it’s nice to welcome him back like this

Status
Not open for further replies.