2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the left wing please and let’s play some actual football. Digne was so isolated last season and Richarlison is as effective goal wise from the left given he gets many goals from arriving late in the box for headers and on set pieces.

mate richy isn’t very good at “ playing football “ what I mean is he is so wasteful in possession , makes the wrong choice , is selfish and is final pass execution is terrible .

I don’t know if you do something once you can claim it as being good at your job. I’m in real estate ... if I sold 1 house in a year I don’t think I would be classed as “ doing my job”
Well luckily his job is to score goals not to score specific types of goals

Ok so the goal was cack but it still adds mega money to our asking price. A lot of people on here want him sold. I do not. Top class players are as rare as hens teeth at Everton.
I don't want him sold but if he really wants to go then we are probably better off getting rid. If he did go then the money you get for him and Kean give the new manager a decent wedge to throw at transfers plus whatever they got to start with.

Although its tempting to take say €50 for the likes of Richarlison (assuming he really does want to leave), I worry that we keep losing the players that have that something extra, and as fans, convincing ourselves that they are not quite up to it, or being frustrated with certain aspects of their play ie. Lukaku, Barkley, now Richarlison

When it comes down to it, we miss these players massively, havent ever really replaced them and are sinking into perma-mediocrity.

We need a manager that can inspire and attract these types of players, as well as developing up and coming talent.

That said, I still want to throw stuff at my TV when Richy selfishly loses the ball instead of laying it on a plate for DCL!!

Although its tempting to take say €50 for the likes of Richarlison (assuming he really does want to leave), I worry that we keep losing the players that have that something extra, and as fans, convincing ourselves that they are not quite up to it, or being frustrated with certain aspects of their play ie. Lukaku, Barkley, now Richarlison

When it comes down to it, we miss these players massively, havent ever really replaced them and are sinking into perma-mediocrity.

We need a manager that can inspire and attract these types of players, as well as developing up and coming talent.

That said, I still want to throw stuff at my TV when Richy selfishly loses the ball instead of laying it on a plate for DCL!!
They key is in the recruitment - how much we sell them for and how we replace them. These players are passing through. The key is to get, maybe, three good seasons out of them, inflate their value, sell at a good profit, and reinvest wisely. This is the route to success and is what Brands should be judged on.

The likes of Richarlison is using us as a stepping stone. That is entirely rational behaviour from him. We, as fans, need to realise that. It's business. We shouldn't hold it against him. By the same token, as quickly as he will punt us as soon as his boat comes in, we shouldn't be afraid to call these guys out when they are not performing and, more importantly, sell them when we judge them to be at their peak value. Brian Clough and Peter Taylor were masters of this. Alex Ferguson, too. Howard Kendall demonstrated it with Andy Gray. It's always disappointing to lose a player so close to his best, but the real masters know when that time has come - and replace with a Lineker.

They key is in the recruitment - how much we sell them for and how we replace them. These players are passing through. The key is to get, maybe, three good seasons out of them, inflate their value, sell at a good profit, and reinvest wisely. This is the route to success and is what Brands should be judged on.

The likes of Richarlison is using us as a stepping stone. That is entirely rational behaviour from him. We, as fans, need to realise that. It's business. We shouldn't hold it against him. By the same token, as quickly as he will punt us as soon as his boat comes in, we shouldn't be afraid to call these guys out when they are not performing and, more importantly, sell them when we judge them to be at their peak value. Brian Clough and Peter Taylor were masters of this. Alex Ferguson, too. Howard Kendall demonstrated it with Andy Gray. It's always disappointing to lose a player so close to his best, but the real masters know when that time has come - and replace with a Lineker.

If Bailey + Diaby cost £75mil combined (as an example) then we would need to get around that amount for Richarlison.

For every player we sell at peak value we should be looking to replace with two young players who can achieve the same value through strong performances.

Why we didnt sell Michael Keane when he was in the England squad i will never understand.

You also get the feeling Moise Kean has a high value at the moment...

With Richarlison we need him to have an exceptional season and either cash in or use that to attract players to play with him.

Was he though? Peaks and troughs. He has never played well for a whole season, cannot beat a man, pass or make the right decisions. Yes he gets a few goals but nothing else. Not nearly good enough for 50mil
I think he is a sellable asset. He has it all in the locker but isn’t putting it together. Clearly thinks he is above us but rarely shows that. If he goes for 60m plus id take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.