2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
James is legitmately world class, I'm not sure why you're even comparing the two? Richarlison has had a bad season by his standards, his finishing has been awful but let's not kid ourselves that some way better teams than us would be interested in him.
I was comparing them because many on this board were comparing them - and somehow emerging with the hilarious notion that the Brazilian was a better player. I would hope that some way better teams than us would be interested - I'd sell him if we made a profit on him. But I doubt we'd get anything like that in this COVID market simply because Richarlison is...not really top class.

I can't help but wonder if Richarlison would benefit from seeing a sports psychologist. More than any other Everton player, he seems to be affected most by his mood and mentality. He's one of those players where it seems the harder he tries, the worse he gets. When he's enjoying himself and playing loosely, he's at his best.

Unfortunately I don't think we've always put him in the best position to succeed. He can't play alone up top for me (though I realize we haven't had much choice with DCL injured). He needs someone in front of him who can link up play and allow him to get the ball, facing goal, with a head of steam, rather than trying to play with his back to goal against the two center backs. That's where we need a different kind of striker - one who has the technical ability to get the ball and create dangerous situations. As much as I like DCL and his athletic abilities, he's really just a finisher and he's pretty limited in terms of what he can do with the ball at his feet. I think a different striker could open things up a little more for Richarlison.

(By the way I'm not saying DCL should be replaced - just that we need another option up top to be able to have a different approach.)

Could we not play a front three, like other teams seem to do, or does Rodriguez count as one of our three? We do need another class forward who can play any position up front, pact, who can score his fair share. Though I admit, these are premium players who cost a packet.

I'd like to see a three, but you'd still have the problem of what to do when one of them loses form. If there wasn't a replacement, they'd all know they were undroppable.

I'd like to see a three, but you'd still have the problem of what to do when one of them loses form. If there wasn't a replacement, they'd all know they were undroppable.
Yeah agree, but it's not just a case of dropping anyone, in this high speed league, player's need rotating whether they like it or not. Just end up getting injured with exhaustion, unless your on the Klopp juice, then you can play three years running. :)

Set it up, so put it here lol

1619210388031.png

1619210504311.png

What a sport this is. Richie looked like his skill had been zapped away from him like in space jam tonight - clumsy touches everywhere, awful decisions on the break, the dumbest of fouls risking a penalty, mishits a cross in a great situation...

And Leno mishandles to gift the goal!

Just goes to show the importance of effort and trying out there. Richie couldn't hit the side of the barn tonight but he made his own luck running every minute he was on the pitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.