2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system makes it difficult for him right now. We are putting the defence first and that's leaving us short in attack. He's not the type of player who can do it all by himself, he's more like Cahill in needing a good supply line.

That’s the most saddening part of this. Richy used to be the man to rely on to kee hold of the ball. He used to slow the play right down for us and allow us to breathe. As soon he went near the ball today he ended up on his arse with the opposition running right at us.
It's been like this most of the year unfortunately. He has been absolutely shocking with the ball at his feet. I'm getting a bit stumped with Richy honestly. First I thought he was rusty, then I thought he was sulking that he didn't get a move, then I thought he was unhappy about not getting to play up front, but I'm not sure. He still plays ferociously on defense and has been helping us a lot in that regard, so you can't say it's a lack of commitment. There is definitely something up with him mentally, though. Let's hope he can break through it and start playing better, we are going to need his goals again.

Trying too hard, getting frustrated too easily - it’s affecting his game.

Wonder if he feels like he needs a big season this year to get a big move in the summer and every game goes by he’s getting more desperate to make an impact. Don’t know what but just hasn’t seemed right this season. I suppose he’s been playing more wide midfield maybe better suited to playing closer to dcl and getting in the box.
This. Was at his best in a 4-4-2 and the main man. Carlo saying he should be getting 30 goals a season etc... then In comes James. No longer the main man, and asked to change position to accommodate a change in shape for the bloke who has taken his limelight.

Also still a young lad who seems to care deeply for his family and homeland. Can’t be an easy time for him. We should stick by him. He’s not a mercenary like some others and gives his all. Plenty of frustrations with him, but wears his heart on his sleeve. Hope he gets his mojo back soon, as could make a big difference to where we finish in the he league.

Forgive me for this, but he reminded me of a right-sided Kevin Kilbane this evening. I mean he is ok when at a head of steam running after a ball 10 yards in front of him and puts the effort in to get to it, but ball at his feet or coming up against a defender and its like he just tried to kick it through them and hope they would somehow become invisible. Zero creativity. I hoped he would kick on from his goal, maybe tonight wasn't the match for it being asked to play wide right, and will improve at the weekend. We need him back to his best, or back to some form of himself and not Kilbane! (KK is a legend btw just want more from Richy)

Don't know what to think about Richy at the minute. He works defensively but when it gets into their half he turns off and you'd swear he couldn't care less. What is embarrassing most though is the amount of times he throws himself on the ground and stays there, so much so that you can hear other players telling him to get up and stop acting the maggot. Needs a spell out of the team for me, Iwobi's been in good form lately and I'd much prefer his attacking output at the minute plus Richy needs a lesson that no one is in the team automatically and that maybe in parts his attitude needs changing.

Statistically the worst outfield player for us today (via WhoScored) Was dispossessed the most. Made the most unsuccessful passes. Most unsuccessful touches and conceded the most fouls. AND that was with Andre Gomes being in the same line up. It’s not great.

He tries to dribble to much, especially from deep. And just loses the ball to much, he not learning which is a worry. he needs to pass and move.

it’s a conundrum for Ancelotti because the best he’s looked for me. In an Everton shirt is when we played 442. But we can’t really play that with James. Unless he changes the team next year to play either diamond in midfield or 3 CB with a brilliant attacking RB and James behind the front 2.

I suppose the one thing is he hasn’t had many games since he came back from suspension, with Digne behind him and James on the right. Hopefully Saturday we can get back to the system we played early in the season. Digne LB, Godfrey RB Doucoure back and iwobi behind the front 3 xx.

The set up tonight really made it difficult for him to have an impact.

He’s going through a tough spell but if we can get him scoring it’ll be the perfect timing as we’ve been getting results without his goals, that bit more from him could be the difference between 2nd and 7th.

I can’t remember the last decent game he played in the league
I think at the moment he’s a bit of a liability
His body language is poor
Constantly loses possession
No pace
Should have started Iwobi instead of him as I think he’s in form. Don’t get me wrong I’ve seen Richie play brilliantly but it was a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.