2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
quotes from Philly K about the interview.

Everton are relaxed about Richarlison's future despite the forward giving an interview in Brazil which cast doubt on how long he would stay at Goodison.

Richarlison signed a new and improved contract in December, which now sees him tied to the club until the summer of 2024, and while Everton are braced for offers for the forward they have no intention of selling him.

Everton consider Richarlison's "hold on for another season" quote as a throwaway remark at the end of his response, when answering a question put to him by Caio Ribeiro, the former Inter Milan and Brazil striker.

And the Blues believe that the young forward is happy at the club and, despite cutting an exasperated figure during some games during the re-start, is relishing the chance to work under Ancelotti.

I like richarlison but there is def a danger in this thread to go over the top. He can disapear in games just as much as others. Difference being he's afforded the luxury of people saying its the players around him at fault, that others dont get. The he would walk into any current top 4 side isnt true. Would he be consistent in one of those sides? Who knows.
But it stills goes without saying we need to buy better alongside him. Chucking players like iwobi in with him is criminal.

It happens on here for every player, 2 good games world class, 2 bad games get rid.

He is clearly not a player we should be selling. It won’t be easy to get the necessary quality in other positions, to make us successful, in the next season though. We have to shift out too many average players to splash out on great ones. Hopefully we can improve with a mixture of youngsters and good signings. As terrible as we were for a lot of the season, we were still only a few results away from Europa. Stop wasting £, make improvements, maybe win a cup, and Rico might want to stay here and be successful! Not if we waste our budget though

Normal fare of an interview from a player of Richarlson statue. If we do end up selling him within the next two years it will because of where we are as a club. Of course he may want to go off to Spain or somewhere regardless of Everton success, let's hope we have got ourselves in a position to attract even better...

MAD if you're quite happy selling him this season,i'm hoping he stays another season and progresses even more. He is not 'world class' at the moment but using that against him seems crazy in my opinion.

If I was his agent I would be realistic with him. He's playing for a club who have been no higher than 5th since 2005 and no higher than 4th since the.. 80s?? A club that keeps changing their managers all the time and who don't really look any more like improving next season than they did the 3 or 4 before that since moshiri took over.

Not sure what kind of miracle maker people think Ancelotti is but the realistic chances of him doing any better than his predecessors at this task are minimal.

Everton's only future hope of breaking the top echelon is a sustained model build up over time and one that is effective and proven. Something like what simeone did at Atletico Madrid. Will Ancelotti be there long enough to do that.... not likely.

I just can't see any change for the foreseeable future and would not be surprised in the slightest to see Everton where they are right now at the end of next season.

It's not negative it's realistic.

If I was his agent I would be realistic with him. He's playing for a club who have been no higher than 5th since 2005 and no higher than 4th since the.. 80s?? A club that keeps changing their managers all the time and who don't really look any more like improving next season than they did the 3 or 4 before that since moshiri took over.

Not sure what kind of miracle maker people think Ancelotti is but the realistic chances of him doing any better than his predecessors at this task are minimal.

Everton's only future hope of breaking the top echelon is a sustained model build up over time and one that is effective and proven. Something like what simeone did at Atletico Madrid. Will Ancelotti be there long enough to do that.... not likely.

I just can't see any change for the foreseeable future and would not be surprised in the slightest to see Everton where they are right now at the end of next season.

It's not negative it's realistic.

I think we were 7th in the form guide since Ancelotti joined.

If I was his agent i would be telling him to stay and try and hit 20+ goals next season.

If Richarlison, Brazils new star can hit 13 league goals 2 seasons running and then reach 20 then he is going to be getting a massive contract offer from someone compared to what he would receive now.

With 20 goals he writes his ticket to Barca or Real in months time...

Again though if he hits 20 goals and were top 6 he may decide to stay another season...then we need to be in top 4 or he would probably leave.

All depends on this summers recruitment and us getting top 6 next season whether he stays i think.

I think we were 7th in the form guide since Ancelotti joined.

If I was his agent i would be telling him to stay and try and hit 20+ goals next season.

If Richarlison, Brazils new star can hit 13 league goals 2 seasons running and then reach 20 then he is going to be getting a massive contract offer from someone compared to what he would receive now.

With 20 goals he writes his ticket to Barca or Real in months time...

Again though if he hits 20 goals and were top 6 he may decide to stay another season...then we need to be in top 4 or he would probably leave.

All depends on this summers recruitment and us getting top 6 next season whether he stays i think.
My own guess on this , based on his comments , is that if no good offers come in this window he will stay.
If Everton make CL the following season , he will stay.
If we aren't in CL season 21/22 then he will leave.

My own guess on this , based on his comments , is that if no good offers come in this window he will stay.
If Everton make CL the following season , he will stay.
If we aren't in CL season 21/22 then he will leave.

I reckon

20/21 Hes here
21/22 If were top 6 and making moves he'll stay
22/23 If were top 4 then he will stay.

I reckon we've got him for 2 seasons if we hit europe next season.

If he is hitting 20 goals then his value will be astronomical and he will have taken us up the league into a position where we can attract top players with any super high sale amount to spend.

I reckon

20/21 Hes here

If he is hitting 20 goals then his value will be astronomical and he will have taken us up the league into a position where we can attract top players with any super high sale amount to spend.
We'll get next season or of him. That's it.

I reckon

20/21 Hes here

I agree- have said this a few pages ago as well

And the same applies to Ancelotti in my opinion - if we're not progressing under him, it means something's wrong with the club (again) because if we have promised funds and support to Ancelotti, then finally finally we have money + a good manager + a couple of good players...If Everton can't get it right with three key ingredients then god help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.