2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
World class header that.

His class shows with how he pulls off something special even when hes having a bad game.

Love the lad.

I think this is where we lack a captain that’s in the refs face. Richy was stamped on, elbowed and kicked and ended up getting booked!
The first foul on him the captain should front up the ref straight away complaining, it’s the only way to protect him. We lack that in this squad currently

Sad that as soon as DCL has a drought people are partying claiming that they were right about him all along.

he’s not in a drought... he was in a purple patch. It’s been business as usual if you consider his entire EPL career and not just a chunk of this season..
I can’t speak for the other “doubters” but I haven’t written off this improvement yet as a flash in the pan.. but one half decent season doesn’t just make me think he’s now Harry Kane mk2

he’s not in a drought... he was in a purple patch. It’s been business as usual if you consider his entire EPL career and not just a chunk of this season..
I can’t speak for the other “doubters” but I haven’t written off this improvement yet as a flash in the pan.. but one half decent season doesn’t just make me think he’s now Harry Kane mk2
He was 18 years old when he joined. Did you honestly expect him to be hitting 15+ goals a season from the get go? lol

I hope its not right, but I have a feeling we'll get an acceptable bid for him in the summer and he'll be gone.

It would be hard to argue against it from his point of view as there is at least a couple of seasons of hard slog ahead of us to even be on the fringes of being competitive.

It must be terribly frustrating for him, moreso because he is one of the few that actually seems to have clicked with the club and fans.

He was 18 years old when he joined. Did you honestly expect him to be hitting 15+ goals a season from the get go? lol
No but I expected him not to miss some of the worst sitters in memory.. and we not talking one or two... he couldn’t hit a barn door from a yard out. So I’m glad he is getting the bounce of the ball now and they going in and there isn’t a blue who wouldn’t love him to become the striker so many think he transformed into overnight. But I still haven’t seen “that” goal that tells me he has made it yet. I know it when I see it. I’m not convinced he can sustain his goal output with the finishing quality he shows... but it doesn’t matter ... he has my full support every time he puts the shirt on..

What I will say is he get himself into quite a lot of scoring positions.. that’s a big plus

No but I expected him not to miss some of the worst sitters in memory.. and we not talking one or two... he couldn’t hit a barn door from a yard out. So I’m glad he is getting the bounce of the ball now and they going in and there isn’t a blue who wouldn’t love him to become the striker so many think he transformed into overnight. But I still haven’t seen “that” goal that tells me he has made it yet. I know it when I see it. I’m not convinced he can sustain his goal output with the finishing quality he shows... but it doesn’t matter ... he has my full support every time he puts the shirt on..

What I will say is he get himself into quite a lot of scoring positions.. that’s a big plus

He doesnt have any conviction in his shooting, the poaching goals are great and need to continue, but if he's going to lead the line for a top 4/6 club, he needs to have that quality in the 1v1, or as we saw yesterday, he selfishly chose to shoot, but then didnt get a good shot off. I usually don't mind strikers shooting but they have to score those chances when there is someone wide open elsewhere. If you look at DCL's goals none of them are real quality strikes (i dont mean they arent good goals, the overhead v arsenal was excellent). Where as you have Richy who can beat a man and bury it in the bottom corner (Palace, Brighton).

Needs to get that conviction. Harry Kane is such a good example as he had a couple of loans and it took him a bit longer to develop, if you give HK the chances DCL has had this season, he scores the majority. He has that conviction. DCL needs to add that conviction and that quality.

Dont want this to seem like a DCL bash, I've been his biggest critic for years and never thought he would come this far, there is a demand for his hard working, hold the ball play and would be useful in a squad game, however he needs to be able to capitalise on when a team are on the backfoot and he slows it down and plays it back. Holding it up is great most of the time but he has to be more direct and brutal when he has that space.

He has come on leaps and bounds,but still has some way to go if hes going to be a top 4/6 strikers.

- Keep the poaching goals going.
- Add some quality in his finish of 'open chances'.
- Develop his awareness of attack and move the ball a quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.