2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new RW replacing Walcott
A new CM to replace Gana
A new RB to replace Coleman

Get those done with the right replacements and the creativity going forward will be dramatically improved from hoofing it to our striker, playing Richy down the line, or having Digne put in an early cross from deep.
Why would you replace Gana ?

Why would you replace Gana ?
I just think Silva’s style of possession based games and team press to win the ball back makes a player like Gana less of a necessity in the team and in terms of creativity he isn’t the greatest which in my opinion is needed for a box to box player.

I just think Silva’s style of possession based games and team press to win the ball back makes a player like Gana less of a necessity in the team and in terms of creativity he isn’t the greatest which in my opinion is needed for a box to box player.
Him and Kante are the very best in the Prem at what they do.
They allow the likes of Gomes to play their natural game , as well as sitting in front of the back 4 and breaking play up.
There are very few even in World football that are as good as Gana , it would be sheer stupidity to replace him.

Him and Kante are the very best in the Prem at what they do.
They allow the likes of Gomes to play their natural game , as well as sitting in front of the back 4 and breaking play up.
There are very few even in World football that are as good as Gana , it would be sheer stupidity to replace him.
I never said Gana wasn’t one of the best at what he does. I said that if the team plays correctly to how Silva has imagined there is little use for a player of his style in the squad.

I was brought up to think that in every team sport, defending is a team effort. So when I hear people say that Gana is our defense and quotes all his tackles per game I can’t help to think that if he wasn’t there 90% of the time someone on the team would be.

Gana is the hardest worker to get to the positions to make a tackle but he doesn’t have to be. Coach the players in positioning well enough and everyone will be in the position to make the tackles.

I think this is why teams like Burnley, BHA, Cardiff, and CP who are on the defensive most of the game don’t have players that can match the numbers Gana is putting out. All of them do their part.

Also is the same reason that when Kante went to Chelsea that his numbers went down too. The rest of the team at Chelsea do their part so he doesn’t have to do as much tackling.

A place where a player like him is invaluable is in a team that primarily uses the counter attack as an offensive threat.

Not so , Kante was pushed further forward by Sarri so was far less effective.
You keep quoting how Silva wants the team to play , he actually changes the system mid game when he needs to.

Every successful team over here has its "water carrier" and Gana is perfect doing this.Its not about his box to box attributes cos he has none . He just does what he does very very well and I bet Gomes loves having him about the pitch.
There's a reason why PSG and Man utd want him.
Again he does not need to be replaced and if he was it could totally upset the make up of the team......must Keep.

Was hoping he was part of the team that won the Copa America for his confidence & reputation as it would extend to the club.

Mumps...a disease/illness I haven’t heard of for about 20 years. Everton luck, that.

Not so , Kante was pushed further forward by Sarri so was far less effective.
You keep quoting how Silva wants the team to play , he actually changes the system mid game when he needs to.

Every successful team over here has its "water carrier" and Gana is perfect doing this.Its not about his box to box attributes cos he has none . He just does what he does very very well and I bet Gomes loves having him about the pitch.
There's a reason why PSG and Man utd want him.
Again he does not need to be replaced and if he was it could totally upset the make up of the team......must Keep.
That's exactly the difference between the idea for the team that Brands and Silva have compare to what we play. Silva WANTS to play his idealistic style of play but NEEDS to play in a way that fits the players we currently have

Still Kante had less of the teams attempted tackles whether you put it up to him being played in another position or not is up to you. I think that just being slightly more advanced but still in the middle of the pitch he should maintain near the same amount of tackles/opportunities as previous years. Like I said too Gana and Kante fit best in counter attacking sides which both PSG and Man U are/have been.

No doubt Gomes likes to have Gana there as he has less responsibility in defensive duties but I feel Gomes has more to offer on that side of the ball and if Gomes picks up a little more defensive duties we could sign someone who is more of a box to box player who can do it all. I have an issue with putting all your eggs into one basket when it comes to responsibilities in the team because if one player has an off day that whole aspect of the team becomes null and void.

Was hoping he was part of the team that won the Copa America for his confidence & reputation as it would extend to the club.

Mumps...a disease/illness I haven’t heard of for about 20 years. Everton luck, that.

In my somewhat selfish view, he's a young player who needs his rest/ break for the new season ahead with Everton. The lad has done brilliant, scored and made goals for Brazil, his confidence will be sky high and fully rested for the new season with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.