2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the single player in the entire squad I have no concerns about whatsoever in the long term. He's had an outstanding debut season here.

The only players who don't have dips in form like he has at his age in the Premier Leagueare the true elite of world football. Look at Rashford, Martial, etc. they did the exact same thing coming through, and in easier circumstances.

He's not Mbappe, he hasn't got that ceiling, but he could very easily develop into the tier below that in the coming years.

My point is that if it weren't for being in the right place at the right time 9 times this season ( the other 2 were great strike he made himself) then there would be very little at all to talk about regarding his contribution this season.
I know it sounds stupid "without his goals" but my fear for the future is that if he has a season or just a long spell of not being in the right place then he is a 45 mil paper weight such is his lack of contribution.

Well other than the price tag, you could say the same about Greaves, Linekar, Cole, etc etc etc. That said, I kinda get your point. He has way more talent than a pure striker has. If that makes sense.

Well other than the price tag, you could say the same about Greaves, Linekar, Cole, etc etc etc. That said, I kinda get your point. He has way more talent than a pure striker has. If that makes sense.
Understand your point with some players but not Jimmy Greaves, he was a cracking little footballer as well as a supreme goal scorer who always seemed to be in the right place at the right time, one of the very best.

He's the single player in the entire squad I have no concerns about whatsoever in the long term. He's had an outstanding debut season here.

The only players who don't have dips in form like he has at his age in the Premier Leagueare the true elite of world football. Look at Rashford, Martial, etc. they did the exact same thing coming through, and in easier circumstances.

He's not Mbappe, he hasn't got that ceiling, but he could very easily develop into the tier below that in the coming years.

Single? Digne?!

Can't believe there are actually people who are saying he's been poor or just outright don't rate him.

The kid has done far more than we should have expected. He's going to be great.
I’m saying he has been poor in two thirds of his appearances this season.
It doesn’t matter apparently cos he bagged in the others but no one thinks of him and says”yeh he bossed it”.
I’ve just been In the pub with a mate who is a forest st holder and he was howling at the valuations on here. His description was “a drifter”

I agree he has done well goalscwise but he’s anonymous otherwise

But you make it sound like he scores through some sort of unfathomable luck which will inevitably run out, rather than him having a highly desirable and extremely valuable skill.

Understood. If he can make a career out of being done in the right place like cotter and lineker thrn good for him cos 1 assist in 30 ain’t great

I’m saying he has been poor in two thirds of his appearances this season.
It doesn’t matter apparently cos he bagged in the others but no one thinks of him and says”yeh he bossed it”.
I’ve just been In the pub with a mate who is a forest st holder and he was howling at the valuations on here. His description was “a drifter”

I agree he has done well goalscwise but he’s anonymous otherwise

Of course he hasn't played well in every game. There are only about 10 players in the world who do.

He's done more than can be expected for a 21 year old playing In a crap team, and being shunted out wide when he's clearly a forward. If you expected far more, or think he's not done well enough, then your expectations are completely unreasonable. I hear people going on about Bernard, and I do like Bernard. But Richarlison is much less experienced, plays in essentially the same position, and has outscored him 12 to nil.

The good thing with Richarlison is he is only going to get better.

So when people say he's worth at least 60-70m in the current market, then they'd be absolutely correct. And what a bloke in the pub thinks makes not one bit of difference. We had fans who thought Lukaku wasn't worth 20m, yet we somehow ended up with 90m :coffee:

Great post, that whole rom thing was mad.
Yes, he is going to get better and I for one cannot wait to see a great all round player

Status
Not open for further replies.