2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is we played it as a 5-4-1 with Walcott glued to the touchline so Richarlison was left isolated in the same way he is in a 4-2-3-1. The formation needs the correct players or at least instructions for it to work properly.
Yeah it would work a lot better with Lookman and Bernard either side I reckon. Both want to hover inside as oppose to hugging the touchline.

Also it would mean Walcott doesn't start which is always a good thing.

I'd like to see us try it against Southampton.

Whether it's Gylfi/Gomes or Gyfli/Gana in the middle, have the three up top and the three at the back. Pushes our wing-backs on as well.

3 at the back only works when the opposition are a formation with 2 CMs. That's why it worked so well against Burnley.

I don't know what Soton play but if it's with 3 in there, Brighton showed that even with their dross in the middle of the park, 3v2 (with our 2 being Gylfi and Gomes) wouldn't be enough.

3 at the back only works when the opposition are a formation with 2 CMs. That's why it worked so well against Burnley.

I don't know what Soton play but if it's with 3 in there, Brighton showed that even with their dross in the middle of the park, 3v2 (with our 2 being Gylfi and Gomes) wouldn't be enough.

Fair point.

I think they've been playing a 4-3-3, but could be wrong.

EDIT: Nope, they've been playing 3 at the back.

I think there’s a simple solution to this Ruds - drop the Gylf.

No he shouldn't.

He does go down too easy at times.

But so do many other players who get given the fouls.

Of the times he went down yesterday, most should have been given as fouls, and were when it went the other way for Bournemouth.
Think it’s obvious refs have seen him dramatize things and he has a rep now. It’s only going to make things worse for himself if he keeps going down at the slightest contact and acting like he’s been shot.

100% with you there.
But every team has at least one culprit.
Salah has stooped to new low levels to most bar the red tinted glass wearers.
See Vardy yesterday and Kane last week its embarrasing and not what I wanted to see in football.
Maybe we are too soft since the Niasse ban (even though that was an actual pen)
maybe we need to wise up as they all do it.
And more to the point it wins them games.
@Lowste
Tough one, but couldn’t disagree

Think he’ll be back to his best on the left with an actual striker to run off of. Doing his best as a striker but struggles and gets easily frustrated without space.

Status
Not open for further replies.