2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, and that's a good thing, but it takes more than that to convince I think. Bournemouth can consider themselves unlucky to not go ahead in that first 30 minutes, and this season of the 11 games we've gone behind in, we've managed 3 draws and 8 defeats, so that form would suggest we wouldn't have come back.

I like the guy and hope he comes good for us, but the jury is still out on him as a CF.

I absolutely agree the jury is still out and in an ideal system he wouldn't be there. But he's our best option right now.

He’s a forward, but not a lone centre forward in a 4-2-3-1. We really need to shake the obsession with this formation as we’re consistently failing to get the best out of players because of it.
Left side of a proper front 3 is what I'm siding with. Wide forwards cutting inside and the wing backs providing the width. I'd think long term Silva will go for a 4-3-3 with this sort of thinking.

Left side of a proper front 3 is what I'm siding with. Wide forwards cutting inside and the wing backs providing the width. I'd think long term Silva will go for a 4-3-3 with this sort of thinking.

I actually think he could play the central role in a proper 3-4-3 very effectively, providing the two wide forwards play right up next to him. He’d stretch centre backs no doubt.

I actually think he could play the central role in a proper 3-4-3 very effectively, providing the two wide forwards play right up next to him. He’d stretch centre backs no doubt.
There are gaps to his game as a centre forward but he shows glimmers every now and then that he can do it. He has the physicality and isn't afraid to throw himself about (not just on the floor). Add to that he can score and is incredibly hard working and he has a good base to improve.

Its a new position for him though, he'll need time if that is where he is gonna end up in the long run.

There are gaps to his game as a centre forward but he shows glimmers every now and then that he can do it. He has the physicality and isn't afraid to throw himself about (not just on the floor). Add to that he can score and is incredibly hard working and he has a good base to improve.

Its a new position for him though, he'll need time if that is where he is gonna end up in the long run.

Agreed, he needs time and he should get it this season seeing as he's the best option we have up there and it looks unlikely we're splashing out on a centre forward this month. He was a handful for their defenders yesterday and I thought he did a very good job, found himself in good areas and was unlucky not to score on a few occasions too. Thought he was much better than he has been on the left recently.

Agreed, he needs time and he should get it this season seeing as he's the best option we have up there and it looks unlikely we're splashing out on a centre forward this month. He was a handful for their defenders yesterday and I thought he did a very good job, found himself in good areas and was unlucky not to score on a few occasions too.
I do like the fact that he gets kicked for the whole 90 minutes every week and never backs down or shys away. Bernards pretty similar, I think its a Brazilian/South American thing.

Suppose we tried this v Brighton and it didn't really work, albeit we had nobody in midfield linking the play so it was all just aimless hoofs to Richarlison and then two midgets.

Suppose we tried this v Brighton and it didn't really work, albeit we had nobody in midfield linking the play so it was all just aimless hoofs to Richarlison and then two midgets.

The problem is we played it as a 5-4-1 with Walcott glued to the touchline so Richarlison was left isolated in the same way he is in a 4-2-3-1. The formation needs the correct players or at least instructions for it to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.