2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was lightweight and a fairweather player. I saw it with my eyes. Look how much Liverpool have come on since they robbed Barcelona blind

Obviously Liverpool just became better by selling coutinioh, got nothing to do with buying one of the best cb's in the world or a top class keeper or improving the midfield with fabinho (who might be a yard dog but he's a bloody good one). But no it was just selling coutinioh that did it.

Fairweather? All he was doing in his last season at them was being directly involved in a goal at more then a 1-1 avarage.

Saw it with your eyes lol . Well then I put it to you that you weren't watching coutinioh.

Sure you weren't watching Moreno? "Look at him, supposed to be a world class attacker. He's playing LB ffs! And now he's just tripped over his shoe laces. Fairweather that lad".

I'm only joking and Tbf he did have consistency issues but his last season and a half at Liverpool he was their best player by miles.

But as he's proven it was, also he was fantastic at creating goals as well as proven by his stats.
He's decent at it. But he isnt 140m worth of good at it. His strongest attribute at the RS was his long range shooting but he was very much a volume shooter, as basically you have to be to score that many screamers, so that has gone away at Barca where they don't let that happen. His creativity hasn't changed that much which is probably a bad thing since he is playing with Messi now.

His problem in my eyes is that he's a LW through and through and hasn't been used that way. Barca bought him originally to be an Iniesta type and he isn't that. Brazil use him centrally too. Both teams had/have Neymar so it makes sense that they had him somewhere else. Now at Barca the fans are upset because he isn't Neymar and Dembele is at least as good and much younger.

This is miles off topic so I'll salvage it by saying him and Firmino are really hurting Richarlison with how much drifting around they are doing. When you drift but don't create anything by doing it the whole system gets messy.

I said: "the fee they got for him was nothing short of ridiculous. i try not to whinge too much or cast jealous glances across the park but good god it doesn't half feel like that lot hog all the footballing good luck the city has to over."

He's decent at it. But he isnt 140m worth of good at it. His strongest attribute at the RS was his long range shooting but he was very much a volume shooter, as basically you have to be to score that many screamers, so that has gone away at Barca where they don't let that happen. His creativity hasn't changed that much which is probably a bad thing since he is playing with Messi now.

His problem in my eyes is that he's a LW through and through and hasn't been used that way. Barca bought him originally to be an Iniesta type and he isn't that. Brazil use him centrally too. Both teams had/have Neymar so it makes sense that they had him somewhere else. Now at Barca the fans are upset because he isn't Neymar and Dembele is at least as good and much younger.

This is miles off topic so I'll salvage it by saying him and Firmino are really hurting Richarlison with how much drifting around they are doing. When you drift but don't create anything by doing it the whole system gets messy.

His best position is attacking midfield imo. Obviously he can play LW but I think his whole game is suited to playing through the middle barca may of bought him to play there but they haven't played him there. Just 8 games in all compositions last season he played as a attacking midfielder.

I think valverde is a terrible manager the team is being held together by Messi atm and if it wasn't for real having a mare they'd of been nowhere near that title.

I agree with what you mean neither of them are good for richarlisons game in the Brazil squad and I think the team suffers for it.

His best position is attacking midfield imo. Obviously he can play LW but I think his whole game is suited to playing through the middle barca may of bought him to play there but they haven't played him there. Just 8 games in all compositions last season he played as a attacking midfielder.

I think valverde is a terrible manager the team is being held together by Messi atm and if it wasn't for real having a mare they'd of been nowhere near that title.

I agree with what you mean neither of them are good for richarlisons game in the Brazil squad and I think the team suffers for it.
Statistically he's better either LW or CM in a 3 man midfield. He's never done well as a true 10. Valverde as bad as he is realizes this I think. Brazil are using him as a true 10 which he can't do while also making him contend with Firmino stepping on his toes and it's a mess.

Obviously Liverpool just became better by selling coutinioh, got nothing to do with buying one of the best cb's in the world or a top class keeper or improving the midfield with fabinho (who might be a yard dog but he's a bloody good one). But no it was just selling coutinioh that did it.

Fairweather? All he was doing in his last season at them was being directly involved in a goal at more then a 1-1 avarage.

Saw it with your eyes lol . Well then I put it to you that you weren't watching coutinioh.

Sure you weren't watching Moreno? "Look at him, supposed to be a world class attacker. He's playing LB ffs! And now he's just tripped over his shoe laces. Fairweather that lad".

I'm only joking and Tbf he did have consistency issues but his last season and a half at Liverpool he was their best player by miles.

Hmmm. I can almost see the stink lines rising off your post. You've been marked for fingering

Statistically he's better either LW or CM in a 3 man midfield. He's never done well as a true 10. Valverde as bad as he is realizes this I think. Brazil are using him as a true 10 which he can't do while also making him contend with Firmino stepping on his toes and it's a mess.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one unfortunately at the risk of derailing the thread.

What are your thoughts on richarlison as a striker next season?

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one unfortunately at the risk of derailing the thread.

What are your thoughts on richarlison as a striker next season?
My preference is we don't do that and keep him wide right or if we sign someone like Neres wide left. I'd like to see someone come in up top instead.

If it's up to me I'm playing Richarlison on one flank, a new winger or a rotation of Bernard/Lookman/hopefully Onyekuru on the other with Gylfi and a new forward or DCL down the middle. But Richarlison does need to be more of a creative player this season to stay wide long term.

Coutinho an utter myth of a player, never even rated him at Liverpool. Just ghosts around the field and scores the odd screamer from 30 yards

Remind you of any Icelandic players?

As for the Brazil conundrum, it should be Coutinho if they are going to be playing around the opposition area OR Firminho if pressing.

Jesus or Richarlison up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.