Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my word. Geri Deleuofeu shouts still. The lad is all flash but utter gash. He is tripe. Forget about him.

Not suggesting he is anything special at all, merely that he seemed a useful comparison given that he plays the same position and was signed by Watford a month ago for 1/3 of the fee they want us to pay for a player with a significantly worse record than someone that's supposed to be rubbish.

Have to disagree with the comparison - we know that is Geri's ceiling (barring a personality and lung transplant).

At just turned 20 Richarlison started a season in Brazil, played 18 full games, moved 6000 miles and continued in good form for a few months before tiring. Who knows if he's worth £35m or £50m, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

I disagree. 12 months ago he was a player worth £11 million. Now he's worth £50 million despite having a poorer season than someone supposedly rubbish (and worth roughly what Richarlison was 12 months ago). Kinda suggests to me he's a £15m player max and nothing like a £50m one.

Not suggesting he is anything special at all, merely that he seemed a useful comparison given that he plays the same position and was signed by Watford a month ago for 1/3 of the fee they want us to pay for a player with a significantly worse record than someone that's supposed to be rubbish.
They're not really similar types of player though.

Richarlison is more of a forward - someone who likes to get in the box and on the end of things as well as create.

Deulofeu, on his day, is an excellent winger, but he's at his best staying wide and whipping it in - the opposite of Richarlison.

Heck, we have a player in Lookman who scored or assisted roughly every game in Germany, despite not being a certain starter for them. So what do we do? Spend crazy money on someone who shouldn't be a starter for us (because it should be Lookman and Walcott). Well in Everton.

They're not really similar types of player though.

Richarlison is more of a forward - someone who likes to get in the box and on the end of things as well as create.

Deulofeu, on his day, is an excellent winger, but he's at his best staying wide and whipping it in - the opposite of Richarlison.

He's a forward who doesn't score? Out of a supposed front three of Walcott, Lookman and Tosun, who would he replace then?

I disagree. 12 months ago he was a player worth £11 million. Now he's worth £50 million despite having a poorer season than someone supposedly rubbish (and worth roughly what Richarlison was 12 months ago). Kinda suggests to me he's a £15m player max and nothing like a £50m one.

That's why it seems weird to sell Lookman, him and Richarlson are both at the 'potential' stage in their careers, and both had a purple patch last season, yet if the rumours are to be believed we would be willing to let Lookman go for £18m, but are willing to pay a massive, massive wedge on Richarlson.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.