Remaining home fixtures 21 points available looks tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolves we can win but we have to be good with the ball because they are really top notch defensively. Can't be sloppy like we were first 25-30 minutes today. City and Liverpool are obviously the toughest but hopefully we can put in some decent efforts and who knows maybe catch a break like we didn't in the away games. Chelsea if they don't sign a proper striker we may actually be able to keep out again so I wouldn't write that off. Arsenal is all about keeping their strikers quiet. That team isn't that talented beyond the front line. United weren't actually good today and won because of De Gea. That can happen again but we could also beat them. Another team where luck wasn't with us in the away match. A lot can happen with them between now and the match. Hopefully we can finish it off by relegating Burnley.

The optimist in me says we aren't totally hopeless even though this is a tough set of games. I think we will win one between Chelsea, United and Arsenal, get at least four points out of Wolves and Burnley and with some luck maybe squeak a point or three against the RS or City. Not that say 10-12 points is anything special from 7 home games but we aren't exactly challenging for anything anyway so it's more about showing up and playing well against the top sides.

I love the fact people actually blame these threads and not our terrible terrible football for bad results

you absolute loons.

we are not getting anymore than 3 points from our remaining home games. not with the teams we have to play

This thread has killed my ethusiasm for the turning point and fantastic run in we were about to have!!!
If we play our best, and start another upward curve, towards the end of the season, then I think we can take one win 2 draws and 1 loss off those 5 big fixtures, plus one win and one draw from Burnley and Wolves.

My most optimistic view is 9 points !! Say another 10 points from Away games, and we're only limping to around 50 points...oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.