Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly. My point was before the red card, Everton were the superior side and had chances to score (Richarlison heads wide with a gaping open goal and hits wide on his favoured left foot from 12 yards) before we even took the lead. We were robbing them of possession and basically all over them. At that point the game was heading in the direction similar to the home cup game against Brentford or even better with a 2-3 nil lead ahead by HT.

This was turned on its head when we weren't awarded a penalty and Branthwaite was sent off for switching off and being in a poor position from a long clearance.

i’ve said this mate myself

Still in our hands. Win on Thursday we are safe, draw or even lose its still in our hands.

Leeds draw or lose and it's irrelevant what we do.

If Burnley lose and draw it's also irrelevant what we do.

It's definitely a nervy end.
I've been very confident but definitely felt it today.

mate a player who’s not here. ffs
Somehow we've managed to be without our two most productive midfielders from last season. Boggles the mind. One had history with a toxic character that should never have been made manager and the others fallen foul of the law*. (*allegedly)
Like making a final and losing Jagielka, Arteta and Yakubu.

Everton gold.

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly. My point was before the red card, Everton were the superior side and had chances to score (Richarlison heads wide with a gaping open goal and hits wide on his favoured left foot from 12 yards) before we even took the lead. We were robbing them of possession and basically all over them. At that point the game was heading in the direction similar to the home cup game against Brentford or even better with a 2-3 nil lead ahead by HT.

This was turned on its head when we weren't awarded a penalty and Branthwaite was sent off for switching off and being in a poor position from a long clearance.
All of this. Lampard needs to be drilling this message into the players before Thursday. 11 v 11 we were by far the better team. Need to believe that we can repeat that over 90 minutes and secure the result we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.