Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just aim for maximum points v Brentford.
A big wins will get us closer to getting over the line and pulling the curtain over this season as quickly as we can.

For me, I am looking at Leeds who have a -38 goal difference compared to our -19

By kickoff on Sunday, we'll know what is required:
Leeds lose - a point technically can keep us safe due to their goal difference.
Leeds draw - a point behind with 1 game for them to play.
Leeds win - a point ahead of us but we have a game in hand.

Doomsday situation is we just have to match Leeds' points because their goal difference is appalling.

So focus on a big win on Sunday and then again v Palace

Let's just aim for maximum points v Brentford.
A big wins will get us closer to getting over the line and pulling the curtain over this season as quickly as we can.

For me, I am looking at Leeds who have a -38 goal difference compared to our -19

By kickoff on Sunday, we'll know what is required:
Leeds lose - a point technically can keep us safe due to their goal difference.
Leeds draw - a point behind with 1 game for them to play.
Leeds win - a point ahead of us but we have a game in hand.

Doomsday situation is we just have to match Leeds' points because their goal difference is appalling.

So focus on a big win on Sunday and then again v Palace
If Brighton play at the level they've played at for the last few weeks then Leeds are getting f.a. out of their game. But I'm willing to accept Brighton might not do that and will have to settle for a draw with Leeds.

IMO we'll have the opportunity to have a crack at wrapping this up on Sunday.

So we are only picking up 1 more 2 draws but Burnley 4 points . And discounting Leeds altogether?
He makes a valid point. I've looked at it too and it's very unlikely that we can overturn the goal difference advantage on Burnley in a scenario where we'd need the goal difference to make a difference.

The only way it can be overturned is if Spurs beat Burnley by 3+ goals, we win our game by 2 goals and then Burnley only win by a single goal and we lose by a single goal.

None of that matters if we get to 40, or match Leeds total but if it comes down to us Vs Burnley on level points then we are likely to lose out.

Our GD is -19, theirs -17

Examples assuming goals are won or lost by a single goal:

If we both finish on 36 - we lose all 3, finish on -22. They draw 2, lose 1, finish on -18.

If we both finish on 37 - we draw 1, lose 2, finish on -21. They win 1, lose 2, finish on -18.

If we both finish on 38 - we draw 2, lose 1, finish on -20. They win 1, draw 1, finish on -17

So it'd be great if Kane and Son could turn up on Sunday and stick 3 or 4 past Burnley, and if we do only win 1 more, but can win by a couple of goals, then Burnleys task becomes even harder.

That's just focusing on Burnley and GD though. I doubt it will come down to that with us. 4 points from 9 is all we need to get the job done and then the other scenarios simply don't matter.

Last 5 of 6 doesn't help when the 6th game was so devoid of creativity and passion when we are not safe. Its typical of this bunch , the minute they think have achieved something they switch down a gear
Grim that people still think like this. If you haven’t worked out by now that we’re genuinely not very good then I really don’t know what to say.

Why and How, Spurs will still want to win to go 2points above Arsenal, instead of only by drawing and been ahead on GD

A draw would have meant spurs were 4 point behind Arsenal, so still wanting to beat Burnley. Arsenal could have won the next game and needing nothing from our game…..

Spot on approach by Lampard.
the one frustration I had with his approach yesterday was I think he could have been a bit more proactive without being reckless.

Gordon was useless and in a game like that was having no joy. Iwobi was getting down well down the right and should have just been given that freedom late on, with another body (Dele) thrown on in the centre to give us numbers. It's not a bad point by any means but the three would have been brilliant and there is a bit more pressure than needed now.

We are ultimately in control in the sense we know whatever happens that 4 points will be enough. But it would have been incredible to have that as just two points needed.

Grim that people still think like this. If you haven’t worked out by now that we’re genuinely not very good then I really don’t know what to say.

I am well aware we are garbage, someone needs to tell the over paid losers who pull on a blue shirt that without 100% effort we end up with performance last night

A draw would have meant spurs were 4 point behind Arsenal, so still wanting to beat Burnley. Arsenal could have won the next game and needing nothing from our game…..
Pete, Arsenal were not going to just phone it in against us if they had qualified for CL. It's their last game of the season at home, they'd be looking to go out on a high whatever happened.

Spurs now have the bit between their teeth. Arsenal are at Newcastle on Monday evening, Spurs can be above them by two points by the time that game comes around, and if they do beat Burnley that is good for us as it means Burnley have lost two games in a row heading into that away game at Villa (which is their last home game of the season).

Same bunch in the summer were the ones who were convinced Benitez was the right manager because he'd 'get them running'

We are a team with zero creativity.
Yep, exactly. I never went on for the effort or mentality thing but anyone who’s still peddling it even after seeing us win games recently by sheer force of will despite being utterly useless all game is either a wum or an idiot. It’s stressful enough following us at the moment without hearing baseless crap like that all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.