Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds beating BHA is not as unrealistic as people are making out, BHA aren’t Man City. Yes they are better than Leeds but I wouldn’t trust them. In fact, I just checked the odds and the bookies have Leeds as favourites. I can definitely see them winning that, it’s desperation time for them.

But I can’t see Burnley beating Spurs or Villa, one point maximum I think. If Burnley do get one point from next two games, that means we will need two points from final three.

I can’t stand our team you know, this agonising they’ve put us all through. Gang of Horrors.

We’d need 3 if Burnley get a point and then beat Newcastle

We would be an early season favourite for relegation in my mind if we don't have at least 3 new starters in this team next season, on top of whichever players we bring in to replace the ones we sell. The only way to ensure that we can achieve the high levels of player turnover that so many of us think is essential is to sell our most saleable assets, which include Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and maybe Pickford as well if we don't get enough money in from the first two.

And nobody should be remotely fussed at all if they do go. We are 16th in the league having barely managed a point per game average all season, we don't have any players that we should fear of losing.

If I see one "you don't sell your best players" shout this summer I think I'll internally combust.
I would like Richarlison and Pickford to stay, but yeah... also don't think we'd be particularly worse off if we sold them both and replaced them with the likes of Pope or Johnstone and some decent striker from the Championship.

I really hope we can have a decent transfer fund in the summer by selling DCL (30m) + Mina (10m) + a handful of misfits on the cheap (Gomes, Holgate, Keane, Gbamin, Gray, Rondon, Alli, Doucoure - any or all of them) + freeing up millions in wages (Tosun, Delph, Sigurdsson, Kenny) + a modest amount of money invested from Mr Moshiri (20m maybe - surely doable after spending 1.7m last summer).

Obviously we won't be able to sell all of the misfits, but even if we could just get rid of say 4 of them it'd free up massive amounts of wages and bring in 10/20m in fees. DCL, Mina, 4 misfits and 20m from Moshiri gives us a golden warchest of likely a minimum 80m. That must be put to good use.

The problem is going to be next season if, as I expect, Coleman is still trotting out every game, and we are playing at least one of Holgate/Keane. If that's the case then we can fully expect another relegation battle regardless of who else is in the team in front of them.

Leeds beating BHA is not as unrealistic as people are making out, BHA aren’t Man City. Yes they are better than Leeds but I wouldn’t trust them. In fact, I just checked the odds and the bookies have Leeds as favourites. I can definitely see them winning that, it’s desperation time for them.

But I can’t see Burnley beating Spurs or Villa, one point maximum I think. If Burnley do get one point from next two games, that means we will need two points from final three.

I can’t stand our team you know, this agonising they’ve put us all through. Gang of Horrors.

Bookies odds are not a measure of how likely something is to happen.

Exactly but you can’t tell these arrogant clowns that.
Obviously I don't know what you've seen on twitter so i'm not disagreeing with you personally here. I have been quite annoyed though by how many people i've seen saying we bottled it last night and the players think they've done enough and even just that it was a game we definitely should have won. The table really doesn't lie at this stage, we're 16th because we're absolutely rubbish, and every single game we play is very difficult for us. The amount of people who seemed to think we were just going to rock up at Watford and batter them was staggering. We've ground out some results playing a certain way and, if we're honest, by having a bit of luck. The idea that just playing 433 and being more attacking would definitely have led to a win is bizarre. When we lost at Burnley everyone said we were naive to be so open, a couple of weeks later everyone's claiming we should have played like that. There's genuinely no pleasing some people.

I 100% believe Palace are going to do us at Goodison because all you need is energy to beat Everton, and they have it in bundles. We'll probably chase the game and end up losing it.

Probably end up needing to, at a minimum, grab a point v Arsenal. We need to hope they can beat Spurs tonight, or at least avoid defeat and then beat Newcastle at the weekend and then they've got 4th guaranteed before the final day.

Obviously dodgy refereeing could cost us too. Allan missed 3 crucial games for no reason at all, and you can bet Mike Dean was desperate for Holgate to put in another challenge last night so that he could be sent off - not that'd be a big miss in the game(s) he'd miss, but us down to 10 men against anybody would cost us big.

Status
Not open for further replies.