Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it “sums” at school wasn’t one of your strong points? As things stand it is very much still in our hands, especially if/when City beat Leeds on Saturday!
I'd had a few to drink when I made the post mate. I doubt I'm the first to do that or that I'll be last. I still think we're done though. Our wretched team don't have the fight in them to get us to safety. Cowards the lot of them.

I thought we were going down after the burnley result and i don;'t see any difference now even if the man u result out of the way. We cannot score, we have mistakes in defence, we don't have a way of playing to improve at each game and we have nothing outside the first 11 that could even come in and make a difference. I fear that some fans who have optimism are basing it on average performances against poor teams recently than good performances to earn the points. There is nothing i can see at the club that convinces me we can get out of this, we can hope but i think the weekend will be a reality check for us all.

Seems, following their masterful performance in the recent derby, the advanced rs shock troops have been assembled and sent forth to take over GoT in what Herr Shippmann is calling a special mimicry operation - sadly they are performing worse than the Russians in Ukraine, so I don’t think the takeover will go as they planned.
A lot of “free transfers” and dormant accounts seem to be very active today. Hopefully their anger doesn’t involve them killing anyone or causing damage to city landmarks

They do have the history for it

I'd had a few to drink when I made the post mate. I doubt I'm the first to do that or that I'll be last. I still think we're done though. Our wretched team don't have the fight in them to get us to safety. Cowards the lot of them.
It’s going to be a tough few weeks but there’s a few twists and turns still to come! It ain’t over yet!

I haven't a problem with Spurs mate but if people think clubs like Spurs or Arsenal finishing 8th and potentially getting into the CL whilst a club like Newcastle with multi billions behind them finishes 7th and gets Europa Conference isn't going to cause friction and/or legal battles then they are naive.

And if the pressure from other clubs doesn't bring change to the current set up long term I think you'll see a decline in interest.

At the moment its a perfect storm for things to go wrong for the PL:

1. Many people haven't returned to the grounds following the Pandemic be it due to health concerns with COVID or they are out of the routine.

2. Cost of living crisis - can fans of clubs like ours justify spending money on season tickets and Sky/BT subscriptions when we're forever midtable making up the numbers?

3. Lack of true competition in the sport - Post 1995 only Leicester, Wigan, Birmingham and Portsmouth have won anything of note outside the "big 6".

4. The VAR/ESL/FFP farces

5. Primadonna players on obscene wages turning up when they want.

A lot of people are losing interest in it all. I watch Everton games and Championship/League One/Europa League. I haven't watched another PL game all season and dont watch the CL not out of protest but because its boring and predictable.
I agree it's a boring joke, clubs like PSG and Bayern dominate their leagues, you have a useless serie a full of players who belong in a care home. Real Madrid aren't that great, and Barca scraped through the Europa League, before deservingly getting knocked out by Franfurt. Boring scripted games between the RS and other teams, same with City, it's all just ridiculous scripted nonsense, of course we all know that City would of got a penalty for the same thing as we didn't get the penalty is that game. It's all just corrupt nonsense.

It’s going to be a tough few weeks but there’s a few twists and turns still to come! It ain’t over yet!
I wish that I had your faith but unfortunately I don't. Leeds and Burnley are garbage but they fight for their clubs and the badge. They have professional pride even if they're very poor, which is way more than can be said about the vast majority of wage thieves we have for a team. Hopefully you're proven right and I look like a miserable, negative idiot who gave up to soon but I just can't see it personally.:(

The road to evade relegation looks daunting, but i'm not going to piss myself until we actually get relegated which won't be determined for another a couple of weeks till then it's just a little anxiety flop sweat for me thanks

The problem is there’s players there that we won’t be able to give away due to their ridiculous wages. I could definitely see the likes of Gomes doing a Jack Rodwell and sitting tight on his £100k a week for the next 2 years despite being frozen out of the squad. Can’t imagine he has an ounce of professional pride in him.
Will play pranks on him till he leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.