Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sadly needed teams to help us out by beating Burnley but they haven't. Burnley players must not have liked Dyche because they've been alot better since he's gone

Resigned to their fate?... I'd be astonished and amazed if every single member of that squad has not been on the phone to their agent since probably xmas time saying "if we go down, get me a move asap!"
Why would they be on the phone to anyone ?

No one is going to offer them better terms to what they’re on now.

They’re going nowhere and are fine with that

For me the two most important games to watch now are Leeds-Palace tomorrow and us v. Chelsea next week. If Palace wins, then Leeds have to start looking over their shoulder at us and Burnley. And if we play with the same fight we've shown lately (results not always withstanding), I think we can take Chelsea at Goodison.

Pending tomorrow's result, I'm really starting to think our best bet for staying up is catching Leeds rather than Burnley. If those two games above go our way, we're one back with a game in hand, and it's everything to play for from there.

I think so too tbh...Watford almost as bad at home as we are away
Villa's form has fallen off a cliff
I wouldn't make any assumptions about Villa. Imagine the motivation Slippy can channel to be the manager that relegates us mathematically.

This is now a worrying and distinct possibility coming into focus. Chilling.

Given what we have right now and what other teams have, and given who we and they face in the run in, it's hard to make a good case to stay up...that's how damaging the last week has been.

But just one more round of games and another set of results can transform it all again.

Focus on beating Chelsea.

If we achieve that and either Burnley or Leeds fail to win their games, we earn the right to look at this table again and become realistically positive again.

It's grim. It's upsetting. But it's not over. Not by a long chalk.

Say what you want today wasn't a bad performance we held our own in parts against easily the best team in the league if not the world (cry all you want it's a fact) if we turn up in every game there's plenty to play for, I still think we get out of this. Forget Burnley they will have there wobble
Just checked the League table. You might be wrong.

Leeds have some awful fixtures coming up too. Burnley have the most favourable run in. If Leeds start thinking they're safe they could easily get complacent and sucked back in.
We've never assumed we are safe, we don't lose tomorrow night and I will be happy.

Much rather have the points in the bag than hoping someone slips up, you are now reliant on other people rather than yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.