Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really are not very good. (Neither are we, or any of the teams down there)

Two games back to back that fell nicely for them. it happens. At the bottom of the table a mini run of decent results can make a huge amount of difference.

I cant see us winning back to back games right now.
So now they play Watford away…another game fallen nicely for them…

I personally think it's over for us.

But I will stand and fight and support to the end. If we go down then, I will continue to do the same. Sad to see my club this way
Mate I'm properly looking forward to an away trip to Blackpool with the lads. Jump the train, get pished, watch the footy and force my softy mate onto the Big One. All in no particular order.

Mate I'm properly looking forward to an away trip to Blackpool with the lads. Jump the train, get pished, watch the footy and force my softy mate onto the Big One. All in no particular order.
Blackpool and Blackburn (a) would actually be fkin great I think.

Still though, will miss the prem dearly.

A lot of kopites coming on today

so they will stop winning? lol i’m confused mate

They stopped losing quickly enough, things can change at the drop of a hat down at the bottom.

I don't think Burnley are good enough to keep winning, they have done brilliantly to win those two on the bounce and that combined with us throwing all the points away to them a couple of weeks ago has changed the landscape dramatically. But they may have done enough already now. A couple of draws may do them.

They stopped losing quickly enough, things can change at the drop of a hat down at the bottom.

I don't think Burnley are good enough to keep winning, they have done brilliantly to win those two on the bounce and that combined with us throwing all the points away to them a couple of weeks ago has changed the landscape dramatically. But they may have done enough already now. A couple of draws may do them.

:(

Blackpool and Blackburn (a) would actually be fkin great I think.

Still though, will miss the prem dearly.

A lot of kopites coming on today
I did Blackburn away years ago, Mikel Arteta scored the winner iirc and I got a chance to shout obscenities at Craig Bellamy. There was this fat bald bloke with no shirt on just standing, glaring at us all match. Tobe fair there will be loads of good away days in the North West in the Championship

I wouldn't put any stock in the motto. It's just words that look nice on a badge!

The big thing with me is people being somewhat OK with us scraping a 2-0 loss against the RS, we have fallen so far.
True, true.

But in the cold light of day, and in all honesty, I wonder how many of us would have taken "only" a 2-0 defeat against what is normally a relentless attacking winning machine, considering so many people thought we'd get a hammering. I'm honest enough to say, I think I would have (for me our season wont be defined by Anfield, it'll come down to what we do against Palace and Brentford and Watford).

But I agree with the general point. The "4th most successful club in the country" counts for very little in 2022. We're one of the not-sky-favourite-6, and we're a million miles away from being Moshiri's Hollywood top 4 gatecrashers.

True, true.

But in the cold light of day, and in all honesty, I wonder how many of us would have taken "only" a 2-0 defeat against what is normally a relentless attacking winning machine, considering so many people thought we'd get a hammering. I'm honest enough to say, I think I would have (for me our season wont be defined by Anfield, it'll come down to what we do against Palace and Brentford and Watford).

But I agree with the general point. The "4th most successful club in the country" counts for very little in 2022. We're one of the not-sky-favourite-6, and we're a million miles away from being Moshiri's Hollywood top 4 gatecrashers.
Like I said earlier, Newcastle are going to experience this soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.