Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it's in any way important, but I was wondering about the "Dyche's Burnley has a history of getting out of this" narrative, which I'd taken on board for a while, but is easy enough to check. Dyche has completed six seasons in the Premier League with them, and here they are:

SeasonPosition with 9 games remainingFinish
2014-1518th19th
2016-1715th16th (never in relegation zone)
2017-187th7th (never in relegation zone)
2018-1917th15th (last in relegation zone 30 December)
2019-2011th10th (never in relegation zone)
2020-2115th17th (last in relegation zone 5 December)

Unless I have massively misread something, they do not seem to have a history of making escapes, just one of basically holding on when in the position Everton is in now.

We always play well at home - under Frank at least. Even when we played Man City and lost we played well. In fact we were robbed of a point. Why are we so good at home right now and relatively poor away from home?

Either way the players really gave their all against Man Utd and you could see that the win meant the world to them.

Watched him tonight and in previous games for Villa, doesn’t look great at all.

I think we got the better end of that deal to be honest. Looks like a bit of a vanity signing by Gerrard, who has spent a small fortune there, to probably finish below where Dean Smith got them.

He seemed to want to stay at LW for most of the Spurs match. Didnt track back from what I could see and just stayed high up and wide to throw some (generally poor) crosses in.

Weve effectively swapped him for Mykolenko (22) and Patterson (20) with similar 'upfront' fees.

Stay up and it could look like a masterstroke next season as they both bed in.

If Lampard keeps us up then he'll have the fans and boards full backing -- something a manager hasnt had with us for a long time.

That puts Lampard in a strong position and he'll be able to dictate who is shown the door and the types he wants incoming.

We always play well at home - under Frank at least. Even when we played Man City and lost we played well. In fact we were robbed of a point. Why are we so good at home right now and relatively poor away from home?

Either way the players really gave their all against Man Utd and you could see that the win meant the world to them.
We are better at home because of the fans inside Goodson 100%
It was said yesterday, they make our players better than what they really are, because they will not let them get away with not putting in twice as much effort as the other team.
“IF” we stay up that’ll be due to the Goodson crowd.

I think it’s to do with the overall mentality which is the most attacking I’ve seen in a very long time from an Everton side.

High risk away from home

I expect Burnley to win today. It would be some turnover from Wednesdays despair and our result yesterday for that not to happen. They have to win today really. Come on canaries.

Leeds fixtures
A Palace
H City
A Arsenal
H Chelsea
H Brighton
A Brentford

5pts clear of us but weve got 2 games in hand.

They could lose their next 4 games while they feel theyre 'safe'.

Alot riding on our next game against Leicester...win that and opportinities may unfold.
Tbh the score absolutely flattered them Vs Watford, Watford were the better team, Leeds just happened to take their chances.

But I'd rather them have won that Watford

Our game v Leicester is massive, another home game against a team that doesn't really have much to play for. If we win that and Burnley lose today and their next game. It gives us some space and heaps pressure on them.

Big Norwich fan today me.

Status
Not open for further replies.