Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Like Bill Murray Here, but i have said it since about Jan, that we needed to be as far away from the bottom 3 as Pos when April came around, with the run in we have, Its going to take a miracle for us to stay up i think, or getting a result no one expects, like winning any game lol

I think we are gone now personally but I don’t necessarily subscribe to this fear about strength of schedule. There are 2 teams in the league that are head and shoulders above everyone. We only have to play one of of those for the remainder of the season. There should be no fear about home games against United or Chelsea if we had anything about us. Also we have 2 games against Leicester who have nothing to play for in the league and have Europe league commitments. West Ham could also be in the same boat. Brentford could be on their summer holidays by the time we play them. Arsenal might have nothing to play for final day. However, It has got to the stage with us where I can’t see us beating anyone

Going down is not the absolute tragedy that everyone is crying about.

I guarentee that us winning games in ANY league will feel great for the matchgoing fans.

Just watch all the fans at clubs when they go down, they still go and watch the team compete and win matches.

We would probably win more games than we would in the prem.

Think I read something a while ago that pretty much said, that Everton are the most boring team to support in all the leagues, we have not enjoyed / suffered a football event of any kind in over 20 years....be that relegation, promotion, cup win, league win, play-off.

I live in Bolton so see how they have been through some awfull stuff.....yet they seem more happy then most of the blues I know.

I think I need to stop reading the comments here during games I'm not able to watch. Invariably it seems we are playing a lot worse than we are. I know MotD2 isn't much of a guide but, when neutrals give their view it never seems as bad as knee-jerk comments by passionate fans on GOT

Most neutrals think we'll "be fine" to be fair. If you notice, not one of the papers etc have gone out to say "Everton will go down", it's always "relegation threatened" where as Watford, Norwich and Burnley are all "doomed"

But if you actually see the games...if 4 teams could get relegated we'd 100% be that team.

I think we are gone now personally but I don’t necessarily subscribe to this fear about strength of schedule. There are 2 teams in the league that are head and shoulders above everyone. We only have to play one of of those for the remainder of the season. There should be no fear about home games against United or Chelsea if we had anything about us. Also we have 2 games against Leicester who have nothing to play for in the league and have Europe league commitments. West Ham could also be in the same boat. Brentford could be on their summer holidays by the time we play them. Arsenal might have nothing to play for final day. However, It has got to the stage with us where I can’t see us beating anyone
What you say is probably true for a team that will put effort in, but we rarely do, look at yesterday we should have been so much better v a team that only played 3 days earlier, yet we looked as though it was us that played Thursday,, as we usually do in this same situation

I guarentee that us winning games in ANY league will feel great for the matchgoing fans.

Just watch all the fans at clubs when they go down, they still go and watch the team compete and win matches.

Think I read something a while ago that pretty much said, that Everton are the most boring team to support in all the leagues, we have not enjoyed / suffered a football event of any kind in over 20 years....be that relegation, promotion, cup win, league win, play-off.

I live in Bolton so see how they have been through some awfull stuff.....yet they seem more happy then most of the blues I know.

We've been in the top flight since the 50s.

Bit of a difference compared to Bolton fans

For me its 50/50 on staying up, we either scrape a few wins/draws in the games versus Newcastle, Palace, Burnley, Watford and Brentford, potentially also add in the Leicester game at home & hope to get 12-14 points which should see us safe, but I'm losing confidence game by game...the pit in the bottom of the stomach getting worse as the defeats roll out - yesterday for me in the second half showed there isn't enough quality to get anything from teams in the top half

the worst thing though is the 'fear of the unknown' in the championship, will we do a Leeds or Sunderland and sink even further or would we be like Newcastle, Villa, west ham and come back up relatively quickly - when you add in the unknown impact of that onto the stadium then it is creating a very nervous time for us all

I think it will be enjoyable, if we are in any good state and for a season. But financially I think we are in the crapper. We will need to do a fire sale, there is talk of a points reduction already, we are losing hundreds of millions already. It would be a disaster financially and now we can’t rely on USM to save us. Don’t kid yourself into thinking relegation is a good thing - speak to any fan in the lower leagues and it can been utter terrible.

most would bite their hands off to be in the premier league. It’s what sport is all about - to dream to be the best.

I'm not convinced it is a lack of effort or passion. I think the team worked hard by and large yesterday they are just utter crap at playing football.
Mate, I am nearly 57 and could put in a better shift than these clowns. I was a right full back in soccer and GAA football. First ball in, and it was never mind the ball. Scare the hell out of your opponent.

This crowd are scared of their own shadows. They are stealing a massive living while delivering SFA.

It's the financial side that is the issue. I don't see how people aren't concerned. How can we survive paying champions league wages in the championship, while trying to build a stadium, with material costs going through the roof, and with all our sponsors gone, and with players who we will never be able to shift.

I don't see any positives of relegation, just financial ruin and the humiliation a relegation would bring.

Think I read something a while ago that pretty much said, that Everton are the most boring team tp support in all the leagues, we have not enjoyed / suffered an even of some kind in over 20 years....be that relegation, promotion, cup win, league win, play-off.

I live in Bolton so see how they have bene through some awfull stuff.....yet they seem more happy then most of the blues I know.

Our big problem would be that its a totally alien environment for the club. We have been a top flight club for 70 odd years, the most seasons in top flight football etc.

We have a handful of players who have experienced lower league football and a manager who has which is a plus point I suppose but the fans wont know what has hit them. Many will expect us to dominate the Championship and swat aside "crap" like Coventry or Preston because we are Everton. We still do it these days with clubs like Southampton and Wolves in the top flight.

We are not built for lower league football and would have to adept quickly otherwise it could be a massive struggle.

I agree it wouldn't necessarily be a death knell to the club or anything but I have little faith in us handling the transition well.

As someone who left the UK for work 14 years ago I only get to watch on TV these days. I won't even get that next season and probably for many seasons after that.

My only consolation is that my kid has no interest in football. At least he's not going to spend hours fretting about a bunch of blokes who don't care kicking a ball about for obscene amounts of money despite having little talent.
Very wise. My children aren’t bothered either. There has been nothing to get them interested in any way.

The PS5 is a far more rewarding entertainment.

Our big problem would be that its a totally alien environment for the club. We have been a top flight club for 70 odd years, the most seasons in top flight football etc.

We have a handful of players who have experienced lower league football and a manager who has which is a plus point I suppose but the fans wont know what has hit them. Many will expect us to dominate the Championship and swat aside "crap" like Coventry or Preston because we are Everton. We still do it these days with clubs like Southampton and Wolves in the top flight.

We are not built for lower league football and would have to adept quickly otherwise it could be a massive struggle.

I agree it wouldn't necessarily be a death knell to the club or anything but I have little faith in us handling the transition well.
I agree, the championship is the hardest league in the world imo. A long slog, with some terrible teams to play against, in terrible conditions, physically demanding, 46 games. I’m sure it can be fun at times, but it’s a tough league And can be terrible to watch at times. This team would think it’s too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.