Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
38 conceded in 21 games. Absolutely pathetic all season.

A lot of it is structural but part of it is desire and commitment too. Can barely remember an Everton player throw their body on the line all season.

We need to get the basics sorted asap and then we have a good chance.......

Second Balls
Set Plays
Transitions

Get good in those 3 areas and we aren't going down. They are the most important things in football and are basic.
Mentioned in another thread, but i think paul clement will be key in this... Wealth of experience

I think some of these doom and gloom merchants, seem to be willing us to go down. We should be capable of getting enough points at Goodison to keep us up.

We should being the operative word... Just the fight aint there enough currently and some of the ones who can do the hard work cant stay on the pitch...

Leeds was and is the big match for me. Barcodes won on desire and hard work alone with home crowd.

Still when fielding our strongest now fancy our chances against all but two in this league at home, given last Saturday, but that level needs to be maintained.

That might well be true, but it's also a terrible mentality in any line of work. If you don't take any pride in your own work then what's the point.

I take pride in my work and always do my best, however, I do not feel any loyalty with the company and neither do they feel any with their employees. We´re both in it to make money and our relation is a pure transaction. At any time when I stop being profitable I know they would like to get rid of me as soon as possible.
Welcome to the 21st century. Do it like it? No. My grandfather fought for this country in wwII and worked in the docks the rest of his life. But the world has moved on.

February, 2022
LEEDS (H)
SOUTHAMPTON (A)
MANCHESTER CITY (H)

March, 2022
BOREHAM WOOD (H, FA Cup)

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (A)
WOLVES (H)
WATFORD (A)

April, 2022
WEST HAM UNITED (A)
MANCHESTER UNITED (H)
CRYSTAL PALACE (H)
KOPITES (A)
CHELSEA (H)

May, 2022
LEICESTER (A)
BRENTFORD (H)
ARSENAL (A)

TBC somewhere in there:
BURNLEY (A)
NEWCASTLE (H)
LEICESTER (H)

I'll be honest here, if we get to City without another win, I think we're done-done.

Hopefully not seen as a doom merchant but say we got relegated , what reception would you give the players / staff last home game when they do the lap around ground at end ?
It would be absolute carnage if we went down, murder at the ground and all over the city imo, the reds would be having relegation parties and getting the blue coffins out and all kinds, the queue for the Royal would be out the door.

It would be absolute carnage if we went down, murder at the ground and all over the city imo, the reds would be having relegation parties and getting the blue coffins out and all kinds, the queue for the Royal would be out the door.

Imagine if it aligns with them lifting the Champions League as well. I would genuinely fear for the safety of people in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.