Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich are gone already. burnley always seem to be able to put a bit of a run together and escape. They might do it again. I've a terrible feeling the momentum of the Saudi take-over at the barcodes might see them to safety.

I think we might need one of Leeds, watford or brentford to help us stay clear of relegation by dropping like a stone. Otherwise, we could be in trouble.

We are a team playing with zero confidence and have a clown of a manager at the helm. It's not a good combination. We might need a 'new manager bounce' just to keep out of the basement dogfight.

Norwich are gone already. burnley always seem to be able to put a bit of a run together and escape. They might do it again. I've a terrible feeling the momentum of the Saudi take-over at the barcodes might see them to safety.

I think we might need one of Leeds, watford or brentford to help us stay clear of relegation by dropping like a stone. Otherwise, we could be in trouble.

We are a team playing with zero confidence and have a clown of a manager at the helm. It's not a good combination. We might need a 'new manager bounce' just to keep out of the basement dogfight.
100% mate, I reckon a 'new manager bounce' would do it for us. For me it's not a matter of getting a long-term appointment in place it's just getting the bounce we need to scrape together the necessary points. Dumping Benitez would probably perk us up a bit on its own.

We are 100/1 to finish bottom and 20/1 to win the FA Cup.

Only one of these events is a possibility.
What are the odds for bottom 3? I can’t see anyone getting bottom place off Norwich, they have 10 points after 19 games played, they’ve got that sewn up.

Watford: 6 defeats in the last 6 games. Gone.

Burnley - cant score and cant win.

Norwich - need I say more?

They're already as good as in the Championship.

I think you are right about Newcastle, people are looking at who they are going to sign there, if they get a few players in, they could put a decent run together. I think Howe is a decent manager as well. But we have seen before that having the cash to spunk on players doesn’t always work out, so it could go the other way.

I could see someone like Brentford running out of steam. Often the promoted teams are an unknown quantity. But after the first half of the season teams gave studied them closely and find ways to break them down.

Very much looking for some words of comfort today for those who think we definitely aren’t going down. What makes you so sure? Having seen the performances of late I am getting extremely concerned. My bed sheets are moist, and not in a good way.
New signings + the return of DCL, Richarlison and a couple of of our other better players will get us the 5-6 needed wins to stay up.

We've got 5 games left against the bottom 3 so I see 2 wins there. We have shown every season these threads get made that we can raise our game Vs some of the better sides (Arsenal and Chelsea recently for example) so I expect another win there, probably Man Utd at home.

Then we need 2-3 other wins and we have a lot of dross still to play. The likes of Brentford at home.

Watford. The team that strummed us 5-2? Yeah, I wouldn't count them out yet (compared to us.) Not saying it can't happen but I'm not optimistic. If the 40 point barrier is still the measure, we need 21 points from our last 18 matches? Geez that's a bit scary and way too close from comfort.

Burnley worries me, in that they might figure out where the opposition's net is late on and engineer a Martinez-at-Wigan escape with late wins. The horsepunchers might fail to integrate new pieces and fail harder than Watford, or they might make a charge.

The remaining schedule is a little deceiving, in that the missing matches are both relegation six-pointers with likely trap door candidates. Win those five, and we're on 34 with the odd win/draw getting us over the line. Drop points to those clubs, and we start having a serious problem. The trouble is that we'll struggle to take all three points playing the way we did against BHA.
Watford. The team that strummed us 5-2? Yeah, I wouldn't count them out yet (compared to us.) Not saying it can't happen but I'm not optimistic. If the 40 point barrier is still the measure, we need 21 points from our last 18 matches? Geez that's a bit scary and way too close from comfort.
They have been even more putrid than us against mostly the same resistance since running it up on a 10-man United late on. We both have Newcastle and Norwich coming up soon, which will tell us a lot about the prospects of all of those clubs.

I think you are right about Newcastle, people are looking at who they are going to sign there, if they get a few players in, they could put a decent run together. I think Howe is a decent manager as well. But we have seen before that having the cash to spunk on players doesn’t always work out, so it could go the other way.

I could see someone like Brentford running out of steam. Often the promoted teams are an unknown quantity. But after the first half of the season teams gave studied them closely and find ways to break them down.

I can’t see the Barcodes having any great appeal for the better players on a permanent deal this month given their precarious state in the drop zone.

They may, most probably will, get some good loan signings in but that is no guarantee of immediate success.

And if all else fails, the Barcodes are an even bigger basket case of a club than us….I think they will go down along with Norwich and one other :)

Seriously, how any blue isn't concerned that we could go down this season absolutley astonishes me, especially after what I witnessed on Sunday, after the manager has had 17 days to prepare and work with the players. That was his best at getting points?

Look at our form - 6 from 36?! Where are we picking up the next win? I'm not confident about Leicester at all, even with afcon affecting them.

Norwich look done, but I like Smith as a manager and he might get them a few wins and pull off the miracle.

The other two spots aren't close to being decided - any of the team's get on a run and we are seriously in the [Poor language removed]. Watford and the barcodes, even Burnley could do that.

Were in a relegation scrap now FFS and some of you are sleepwalking into it - baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.