Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep asking for it, it may just happen. Mathematically everyone from 4th down can get relegated.

It's pure PTSD from the 90s. We've had worst squads and not gone down. Teams don't finish 10th then get relegated unless there's complete chaos from top to bottom or a steady decline over seasons.

League positions since Mosh took over -
7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

We're just poor at the moment. The problem is the future and going forward rather than thinking we'd get relegated.

I mean Sheff Utd finished top half then got relegated for starters.

We have to start digging out points take draws if you have to. Get hard to beat be solid and compact, scrap for balls. That's why Benitez worries me his stubborn tactics that are way too easy to unpick even in a derby when it was obvious we had to be stubborn and hard to beat and we were wide open and his seeming comfort with defeat. I'm sorry every defeat hurts us and means we can't pull out of the mire.

Seems to be a theme here like this is Everton we will never get relegated, all is good. I actually think we are in deep trouble this year, we have a paper thin squad which is poor at its best and a manager who would seemingly take us to the Championship out of stubbornness, Rondon for example, or ineptitude. Some say all will be good when the injuries clear up. Will they ever clear up? Maybe other key players, if we have any, will get injured long term and we are in the same downward spiral. Something needs to change quick.

Seems to be a theme here like this is Everton we will never get relegated, all is good. I actually think we are in deep trouble this year, we have a paper thin squad which is poor at its best and a manager who would seemingly take us to the Championship out of stubbornness, Rondon for example, or ineptitude. Some say all will be good when the injuries clear up. Will they ever clear up? Maybe other key players, if we have any, will get injured long term and we are in the same downward spiral. Something needs to change quick.
I see very little fight and very little quality it's terrifying. I think Benitez needs a result in the next three or he has to go and we try and get a bounce from Ferguson for the six point games against Newcastle and Burnley.

I see very little fight and very little quality it's terrifying. I think Benitez needs a result in the next three or he has to go and we try and get a bounce from Ferguson for the six point games against Newcastle and Burnley.
Exactly, I literally can not see this current team/squad beating anyone. The rot has set in

Exactly, I literally can not see this current team/squad beating anyone. The rot has set in
We will, not backing fat arse in charge by the way but we've had this before. We will trudge our way out of it which isn't good enough like

I have supported Everton for 50 years. I think I am qualified to recognise when we are in trouble.

Sadly following Everton for 50 years doesn’t prove you’re qualified to recognise anything.

You actually said this, which is incredible and shows you cannot be trusted to give a reasoned opinion.

1D988BE2-302E-4542-BAF7-3BE826684DE8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.